X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Krill View Post
    OK
    To everyone: I would suggest you try to hammer out rules for pauses. I could make a general rule, but for all I know most of the teams wouldn't like it, so you would be helping yourselves if you tried to sort out the problem without me.
    Nobody but Krill should pause the game.

The viking age ended 1066 at Monday, September 25, 6pm

Comment

• Originally posted by theViking View Post
      Nobody but Krill should pause the game.
      Very crafty ... in other words, 'no pauses' because Krill doesn't have access to the game.

The only valid reason can see for a game pause is to request a ruling from Krill. Teams should have enough coverage for there to be at least 1 turn player to play their turns.

If this isn't acceptable, and we do stop for pauses when the weather changes, can we then institute a 'end your flippen turn' rule so that the game doesn't take to 2012 to finish.
      Quote: "All Happiness is the release of internal pressure"
      Visit my Civ IV web site for information on mods that I am involved with or use and other Civ IV tools
      woo hoo! My wife publishes her first book. Buy it now in paperback format at lulu and help me retire so I can write more BUG mod code.

Comment

• I agree with the "No Pauses except by word of Krill" rule but would propose adding "or if the majority of teams sign on to the pause."

I see no problem with pauses if teams agree....and we'll generally agree if we get some notice and there is a good reason. The big problem to me is when someone unilaterally posts and then pauses. If you can't get teams to affirmatively agree to a pause (and teams saying nothing isn't agreement) then there may not be a good reason for one. Why not try to get a little meta? If you really need a pause, offer an unbalanced trade or something to sweeten the deal.

Comment

• The game has been un-paused. 25hours remaining.

mh

Comment

• Originally posted by sunrise089 View Post
            I agree with the "No Pauses except by word of Krill" rule but would propose adding "or if the majority of teams sign on to the pause."

This seems like a reasonable rule to me, although we should probably get the opinions of more non-RB folks here first.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunrise089 View Post
              I agree with the "No Pauses except by word of Krill" rule but would propose adding "or if the majority of teams sign on to the pause."
              Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
              The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
              Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
              Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

• Would RB & Imperio mind if for this turn Imperio moves before Templars to give Hercules more time to get back?

He didn't post that he was going to be gone in our forum, only on this thread and he hasn't checked in since.
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

• I don't have any objection to Imperio moving before Templars this turn only.

Comment

• Another point:
                    I for myself would be much more recepetive to future requests for pause, if Templars and especially Imperio would end their turn when done and not let turn timer tick it's way all the way done, every turn.

mh

Comment

• Originally posted by mostly-harmless View Post
                      Another point:
                      I for myself would be much more recepetive to future requests for pause, if Templars and especially Imperio would end their turn when done and not let turn timer tick it's way all the way done, every turn.

mh

The viking age ended 1066 at Monday, September 25, 6pm

Comment

• Looks like game is disconnected from host.

Comment

• Yeah game timed out for us as we tried to join and press 'end turn'.

Also another Snoopy hosted game is timing out.
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Sorry about the pausing situation. But we have been allocated a 16 hours timeframe for moves and discussion on latest developments.

For longer periods away we will arrange for another turnplayer.

Comment

• I have sent Snoopy a PM.

Comment

• Game has been back up for a bit now.

On another note, I was never intended to be the permanent host of the game, and I'd like to transition away from hosting PTBS games, so I can reboot my computer every so often and not have it on 24/7... I'd like to find another host by the end of the month, or at the latest 6/15. Please email me (my user name @ yahoo or gmail) once a host has been decided upon, so I can transition the game over to that person.

I think Beta was originally the person who intended to host the game, so that might be the first person to check with.
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X