No announcement yet.

Irrigation through Hills with Cities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This dates back to the first patch of PTW (the one that was released the same day as the game was). In the PTWDG, RP's Capitol of Madrid was settled on a hill, next to a River. We had a Cow on the other side and sent our worker there to Irrigate and road it. We were quite suprised and actually outraged when we found out that we couldn't irrigate it through the city (it would have changed what we were planning to do right off the bat if we had known). It might have been changed back in a later patch, but we didn't look to see if that was true.

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Can you irrigate off of irrigation in enemy territory? Worked in Civ2, does it apply here?
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

By all means. They own the tile, not the terrain feature (unlike colonies and such). In fact, I think I've seen auto-workers (when I used them - not any more!) wander off into enemy territory (not during war thankfully) to try and irrigate their squares and drag the water back home...!
        It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
        She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

I've seen the AI invade my territory with workers to irrigate back to their land if they don't have fresh water. I like rounding up all the workers and watching them send more. When I get enough, I capture them all

Comment

i saw that once and nearly pissed myself. but then the babylonians irrigated one of my mines in their way.

i whined about that a while back... is that an act of war now? i havent seen it since. i remember someone going into enemy lands and foresting every tile.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
            X