Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inverse Icarus
    replied
    i saw that once and nearly pissed myself. but then the babylonians irrigated one of my mines in their way.

i whined about that a while back... is that an act of war now? i havent seen it since. i remember someone going into enemy lands and foresting every tile.

Leave a comment:

• Kuciwalker
    replied
    I've seen the AI invade my territory with workers to irrigate back to their land if they don't have fresh water. I like rounding up all the workers and watching them send more. When I get enough, I capture them all

Leave a comment:

• Cerbykins
    replied
    By all means. They own the tile, not the terrain feature (unlike colonies and such). In fact, I think I've seen auto-workers (when I used them - not any more!) wander off into enemy territory (not during war thankfully) to try and irrigate their squares and drag the water back home...!

Leave a comment:

• :) Smiley
    replied
    Can you irrigate off of irrigation in enemy territory? Worked in Civ2, does it apply here?

Leave a comment:

• E_T
    replied
    This dates back to the first patch of PTW (the one that was released the same day as the game was). In the PTWDG, RP's Capitol of Madrid was settled on a hill, next to a River. We had a Cow on the other side and sent our worker there to Irrigate and road it. We were quite suprised and actually outraged when we found out that we couldn't irrigate it through the city (it would have changed what we were planning to do right off the bat if we had known). It might have been changed back in a later patch, but we didn't look to see if that was true.

E_T

Leave a comment:

• MrWhereItsAt
    replied
    Originally posted by Arrian
    That is odd. Is Heliopolis definitely built on a hill (looks like it, but I'm running out of ideas here).

-Arrian
    Confirmed. It is definitely on a hill. The worker cannot irrigate either North or south of that tile, It seems pretty evident that it is only being next to the city that provides the irrigation source.

Any other takers?

Leave a comment:

• GhengisFarb™
    replied
    I tried to irrigate over a hill city in PTW and it didn't work. I was really suprised when it was an option to my Worker in Conquests. I don't have the latest PTW patch though so it may have been recently added via patch.

Leave a comment:

• Arrian
    replied
    I have never seen a proven case of the AI irrigating where it shouldn't be able to. Not once.

I've seen a lot of claims that were proven false, however.

-Arrian

Leave a comment:

• bongo
    replied
    Dominae, I am pretty sure I have seen lots of irrigated tiles in funny places inside AI territory. I'm going to check a few saves before I call it a fact though..

Leave a comment:

• Arrian
    replied
    That is odd. Is Heliopolis definitely built on a hill (looks like it, but I'm running out of ideas here).

I was pretty sure that PTW 1.27 did not allow irrigation through hill cities, but I suppose it's possible that it got changed and I never noticed...

-Arrian

Leave a comment:

• Jaybe
    replied
    BTW, in C3C the definitions of "lake" have changed. A "sea" tile doesn't invalidate a "lake" anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Dominae
    replied
    It's not a lake because the tile SE of it is not a land tile.

Leave a comment:

• Nor Me
    replied
    Nice theory but I looked at the save with PTW and it doesn't look like a lake:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ToeTruck
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. A. Cula
    There's something about that coast line that made me think. Without irrigating that tile, try moving your worker 8 of where it is now and see if you can irrigate that one. I might be wrong, but the game might consider the blob of water 9 of your current position to be a lake. I have seen such lakes in a lot of my games, since vanilla Civ3 to PTW 1.21f.
    I think you are correct. That blob of water is really a lake and that's why the grassland can be irrigated.

I'm just about positive that PTW 1.27f did not allow irrigation through hilled cities.

- TT

Leave a comment:

• Stuie
    replied
    Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

There is no nearby water except the coast, and I am on Printing Press (so no Electricity!).
    Not to nitpick, but researching Printing Press is not valid proof of not having Electricity since Printing Press is an optional tech.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X