Reasons why you DON'T want to use ICBMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons why you DON'T want to use ICBMs

I was wondering if declaring war to France or not when all of sudden they basically trashed our peace treaty and used 4 ICBMs on my most populated cities- of course I had to reply to such a kind gift with at least 36 ICBMs

And here's why you should never use nuclear weapons

1880 AD one turn before France attacks- german population is up to 160 millions, greengrass everywhere -yes, I was STILL researching Integrated Defense

1972 AD France is wiped out of the continent- german population shrinks to 40 millions, desert expands over ocean tiles (south of Montpellier)- Frankfurt pop collapse from 28 citizens to 3

When I'll end this game I'll never use ICBMs again- even if it's so damn fun
    Your thoughts?
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

I use nukes only when I am going to follow up with ground troops to take the city (metro usually), or if there is a Stack of Doom (SOD) to be devastated.

I had forewarning about the environmental consequences of nuclear holocaust, so I haven't done it.

BTW DF, what graphic format did you use? I can't see them on my Mac.

(I understand that AI SODs are going to be rare in PTW.)

Comment

Mac? ehm.. yes I'm stupid

I used bitmap- btw nukes are very important only in the early modern times, using 3-4 of them is still ok- but then, using ICBMs in every single enemy city is definitely not the smartest thing to do
      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I can not see them on my PC either.

Comment

Ok now it works properly- many apologies but this was my first attempt

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Much better now, DF. Thank you.

Comment

How curious! The desert also spread into the ocean south of Lyon...it now includes a fish bonus resource!

Does that fish still provide extra food, I wonder?

Comment

yes it does, and I even planted a forest there, so it's a forested fish now

But it was a matter of one turn and it became desert again

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

That has to be a new record for pollution.

This is why I only nuke everything after the scoring has ended. Nuke everything and quit so you don't have to deal with stuff like this. I wonder what would happen to naval units when their tile turns to desert (beached?).

Comment

How many 'Global warming' alerts did you get each turn?
                    Nym
                    "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Just imagine what that would have done in CivII. Global warming was worse in CivII. I shudder at the thought.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

How many 'Global warming' alerts did you get each turn?
                        About 10 tiles every turn, but curiously there are still lots of tundra tiles in the south of the continent

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit

About 10 tiles every turn, but curiously there are still lots of tundra tiles in the south of the continent
                          Tundra can not be changed due to global warming. When a tile is subject to global warming, its 'value' is decreased by 1 (grassland -> plains -> desert and planted tile -> unplanted tile). Desert and tundra have the lowest 'value' and hills and mountains are not subjects to global warming.
                          So, to protect a tile, you can plant trees on it. That's what I am trying to do to protect what remains me (30 alerts per turn now and 60 some turns ago).
                          Nym
                          "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Actually I had 156 workers doing that, but it was so damn boring that I trashed the game and started another one

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                              Actually I had 156 workers doing that, but it was so damn boring that I trashed the game and started another one
                              I agree, but I want to test global warming evolution; and it seems to decrease with time.
                              Nym

Comment

Working...
                              X