No announcement yet.

So very cold (of the map generator)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cruddy: with restarting you can quite easily win at deity. i used to do so. but that's not the idea. you havn't really challenged a lever if you can't win in -let's say- 75% of all random cases.

btw, instead of restarting, you could just as well create a world in the editor and look if you like it. then chose your ideal starting location and set it to the civ you want to play as.
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Aeson - can you post or update the screenshots on the first page? They seem to have disappeared.
      Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

• Those screenshots were lost I'm afraid. Changed ISP's and forgot I had them hosted on my old one, and they were promptly deleted.

Comment

• Has anyone got the whole thread archived somewhere? This is one thread that should go in it's entirety to Poly archives - pictures especially.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

• Re: So very cold (of the map generator)

Originally posted by Aeson
            ...Once I got Iron working it went better.
            I don't know about the rest of you civvers. but IRON WORKING IS ALWAYS THE FIRST TECH I RESEARCH! And the Wheel/ Horseback Riding is right behind that! It's a huge advantage to know where the resources are, early in the game, so you can plan your cities accordingly!
            My words are backed by... Hey! Who stole my uranium??!!!

Comment

• Re: Re: So very cold (of the map generator)

Originally posted by Quasar1011
              I don't know about the rest of you civvers. but IRON WORKING IS ALWAYS THE FIRST TECH I RESEARCH! And the Wheel/ Horseback Riding is right behind that! It's a huge advantage to know where the resources are, early in the game, so you can plan your cities accordingly!
              i'll go for pottery or a well tradable tech (writing, math, mysticism). if you can outREX the AI you have a good chance to grab iron and horses. if you don't, the resource is probably too far away anyway...
              - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
              - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Just saw this thread, and just had to supply the mandatory "wow, Aeson!":

WOW, AESON!
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                X