No announcement yet.

Effects of 1.21f changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn´t see any mention of fixing the AI under Communism. It´s fun one game see them whip themselves back to the stone age, but in the long run it´s simply annoying.

Comment

Why, they set the unhappiness time back to 20 turns as it was pre-1.17f. That should make it. The effect you mention came only with the last patch and the increasing of the unhappiness time to 40.

Comment

Great, seems I missed that.

Comment

Also, judging by previous patches, not all changes to the AI's behaviour get mentioned in the readme. If the AI was slightly less inclined to draft itself into oblivion under communism, that might not be get a mention.

Comment

Tech trading is nicely reduced, and the AI seems to want even more in trade, 6 techs of mine for their lousy monarchy.
            Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
            Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr
              Tech trading is nicely reduced, and the AI seems to want even more in trade, 6 techs of mine for their lousy monarchy.
              That SUCKS.

Extortionate and crazy AI trade demands were one reason I rarely traded with 1.17.

Firaxis doesn't listen to us.

Comment

Yeah. And that was on Chieftain too. I can't imagine their demands on deity.
                Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Frack. Have I got the God's edition of the game again? I got Literature for Contact with the Persians on a Tiny Pangea Map. I was ripped off. I should have got Literarture for 1 Gold!
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Abandon is JUST that.

I tested with a one pop city and, after confirmation, instantly I had a warrior crouching naked on the plains. So I tried it with larger city. My capital in fact. The difference was that I had spearman standing fortified with nothing else to show for it. So the city simply vanishes. Not a good way to get rid of a large city.

Sure is quick though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethelred
                      Abandon is JUST that.

I tested with a one pop city and, after confirmation, instantly I had a warrior crouching naked on the plains. So I tried it with larger city. My capital in fact. The difference was that I had spearman standing fortified with nothing else to show for it. So the city simply vanishes. Not a good way to get rid of a large city.

Sure is quick though.
                      Hmm. I can only see two uses for that function. One is the free palace jump. The second could be to keep a newly-conquered for a few rounds to let your units heal (especially if you have Sun Tzu´s) before you raze the city. But since you lose the workers I think it will be worthwhile only in smaller cities.

Comment

Abandon city...

You get diddly poo for abandoning a city. No workers or settlers. I don't see it being exploited.

Comment

For the free palace jump it's actually better the old way: build settler at pop. level 2, no food surplus. Advantage: you can immediately resettle on the (usually attractive) old capital's location.

Don't see a real immediate use for the abandon option, haven't played 1.21f yet though. Might work out fine for Aeson's ICS ?

AJ
                          " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
                          - emperor level all time
                          - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Re: Abandoning a conquered city

Has any seen a negative affect from abandoning a conquered city (as opposed to razing?). I am assuming here that you can abandon one. If you can, and there are no diplomatic setbacks to abandoning as opposed to razing, that makes it the premier choice for getting rid of those annoying enemy cities when you are willing to forgo a few extra workers to avoid a diplomatic hit.
                            Fitz. (n.) Old English
                            1. Child born out of wedlock.
                            2. Bastard.

Comment

I think the abandon option came from those annoying tiny non-growth cities you swallow with culture. I always hated wating 20 turns to grow settlers, i'd much rather just kill it. Also, sometimes you don't know if there's a wonder inside the city, so you take it instead of raze it, but then find out theres diddly squat inside and there's 10 resisters throwing fruit at you everyturn then the abandon function would come in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by dunk999
                                Abandon city...

You get diddly poo for abandoning a city. No workers or settlers. I don't see it being exploited.
                                HUH??

You get nothing? What happens to the population? They all get teleported to the Klingon home world, or all commit suicide by drinking the purple Kool-Aid like with Jonestown??

How dumb.

Comment

Working...
                                X