Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: forest your boarder

Originally posted by Whoha
    Cavalry have 3 movement points, but they can not gain a bonus from roads. Even if the boarder is only 2 squares from a city such a set up would prevent any attack since your own mobile force could then engage and kill all the cavalry. Though since the ai does not use cavalry effectively, and since multiplayer is not out yet, this is all theory craft.
    You're talking about roads in enemy territory. No unit can use those. And Cavalry still has 3 movement, as opposed to 2 of a tank...

Otherwise, your suggestion of planting 'strategic' forests is good. I do this myself to fortify critical points... often build fortresses on top if I really want to close the border off.

Comment

Re: Re: forest your boarder

Originally posted by Grim Legacy

You're talking about roads in enemy territory. No unit can use those. And Cavalry still has 3 movement, as opposed to 2 of a tank...

Otherwise, your suggestion of planting 'strategic' forests is good. I do this myself to fortify critical points... often build fortresses on top if I really want to close the border off.
      What do you mean, "otherwise"? It's a perfectly good
      suggestion.

If there are always at least 2 squares between your city and
      your border (not hard to do) and if you plant enough forest
      that any possible path from the border to your city must pass
      through at least one forest...

Then you will always get a chance to attack the cavalry
      preemptively before they can reach your city.

Hills will do the same thing, though unlike Civ2 you can no
      longer *make* hills.

Comment

yea you can

goto the creations section on the sav file format :P

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
          I find i always have so much extra cash that its nothing to waste it on a couple of new cultural improvements. But with despot/communism, i find wasting a person, to make a person unhappy, to make a person happy... its not only pointless, but without point. Ok, i could PERHAPS see a point to it in the ancient era, but in the modern era, with so much intake of gold, why kill people? (also, i never rush military unless im VERY concerned about that city being attacked soon)
          Your friendly noob/newb
          Ninot
          By using the whip you dont kill your people they leave town because you forced them to build the improvement very vast by convincing them to work harder with your whip so they just leave town...

Comment

Working...
          X