Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton University Directory needs your help. Post images here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton University Directory needs your help. Post images here!

I just posted about our new Apolyton University Directory, but if you look around, you will notice something about the games...I have very few images to post with the games (example). You will notice that for Dominae's games, we have beautiful images (one thumbnail with a width of 200 pixels and a full sized image) which depict the starting point for the scenario's civilization.

It would be nice if we could include images to all the games in the directory, but for that, I need your help. Since I am without Civ 3, I am looking for a few brave souls to open up the games in both the mini-tourney folder and the apolyton courses folder and screen capture an appropriate image and thumbnail (no wider than 200 pixels) to be put with the scenario/savegame entry.

Once you have created the image to go with the file, just upload it to this thread as an attachment.

If you don't want to create a thumbnail, I can create one for you like I did for Dominae's games.

I already have images (provided by Dominae in his game threads) for AU 204, 207, and 302.

I will be gone for about 6-7 days so don't expect the changes to come soon, but they will happen.
    badams

Very very cool, badams52. Your industriousness when you do not have access to Civ3 is ever impressive.

I'll help you to get those images. Expect them Monday or Tuesday sometime. I'll leave you to thumbnail them, unless you tell me how to do it.

Dominae
    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Thanks Dominae, you're too kind.

Dominae made a good point, I'll try to be a little more clear with what we need.

For each game/scenario (except AU 204, 207 and 302 we have those already)
      1. Full sized image of starting position*. Anything else and it could be considered a spoiler.

2. Resized version of 1. You may crop it and/or resize it just so that it's no wider than 200 pixels. Any image editing program has these capabilities.

If you can't do #2, I can do it for you when I come back (but I'll lose a little quality starting from your jpeg/gif file)

Post each image (one for the full sized version, one for the thumb) into this thread so it's easy for me to find and MOST IMPORTANTLY make sure you include which scenario the image was made from.

Dominae has graciously offered to help out. But don't let that discourage the others of you out there. It takes time and patience to make images for 19 scenarios (that's how many are left).

* For Mini-Tourneys IV and V - these are in the middle of the game so choose an image that would make the scenario look interesing and/or captures the feel of the game.
      badams

Comment

AU105
        Attached Files

Comment

AU105 thumbnail (hope my terrain graphics mod are not a problem...)
          Attached Files

Comment

AU107
            Attached Files

Comment

AU107 thumbnail
              Attached Files

Comment

AU201
                Attached Files

Comment

AU201 thumbnail
                  Attached Files

Comment

AU202
                    Attached Files

Comment

AU202 thumbnail
                      Attached Files

Comment

Bleh.

Comment

AU203
                          Attached Files

Comment

AU203 thumbnail
                            Attached Files

Comment

AU205
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X