Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cNES: civman2000's NES

1st, the rules:
    1. NO personal attacks. All attacks are assumed to be in character unless there is a strong reason to believe otherwise. In those cases, the offender will be kicked out immediately.
    2. A "resonable" number of your posts about your civ (as opposed to about how the game works or other stuff) MUST be in story format. I will not define "reasonable," but just please be reasonable about this .
    3. Make all combat realistic and reasonable. There will be no moderation but if most of the people agree something is not realistic it will be changed.
    4. Last but most importantly, the #1 goal of an NES is to create an interesting story and have fun, NOT to make your civ the strongest. .

If there is rampant breaking of these rules (although I only think #'s 3 and 4 might be broken) I will be forced to moderate it.

It's meant to mirror how a map with correct starting positions would go if:
    1. there was no war
    2. ICS was curbed a bit.

I went through each civ and had them expand a bit. Then i repeated and so on until all territory was taken.

It begins in 1800, and every day is 3 turns (2 years per turn until 1950 and 1 year per turn afterwards). Everyone is in the early industrial age (ironclads and riflemen) and tech advances every 7 days. All civs have large armies and medium navies and are monrachies except the exceptions listed below:

Huge army, small navy
    Aztecs

medium army, large navy
    English

Republics
    English
    French
    Greece

Democracies
    America
    Iroquois

map (i recommend saving it and zooming in on austrailia and other areas that are split up a lot, it might be hard to tell who has what otherwise):
    Attached Files

can you do the contries in a more understandable fashion?
    Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

yeah, :trickey confused :

Comment

?

They're mostly colored like in civ3. Just look at them. For example, Rome is Red and controls Italy (plus colonies). And similarily the iroqs are purplish and west of america.

Comment

no i mean their army and gov't and stuff

Comment

All are monarchies except the few i mentioned. All have large armies and medium navies except the ones i mentioned. There are no alliances and everyone is at peace (is that what you wanted to knpow?) Up to now, everyone has peacefully expanded, but now there is no space left and they have to go to war to expand

Comment

i will try as france as soon as some others sign up. Thanks for the explanation civman, my brain is kinda retarted lately :embarrassed:

Comment

anyone??

Comment

Too confoozing for me
                  First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                  Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

poor them ,too bad they don't understand. I DO!

of course Im insnane too

Comment

lol, i worked hard making that map...and then they do't even care and right stuff like "Too confoozing for me"

Comment

Would help if you told us who is who like a color key. Most people don't know off hand where each ancient civ was.

Comment

I think whenever there is an attack the person says they are attacking and then you decided who wins.

Comment

I'll be Buccha Leader of the Iroquois. I lay claim to the obvious Iroquois lands of North America! (it would appear as though it is one whole thing, and thats how Im going to play it)

Buccha (boo-kah) was in his throne room playing cards with his best general, Dance too Much (Nickname Dot). "Ha! I have two pair" shouted Buccha
                            "Is that it sir, I have a royal flush," Dot laid down his cards for Buccha to see. Quickly Buccha becam enraged."How do you always win!?"
                            "I cheat. sir"
                            "Oh yeah I forgot, you're military personel you'll do anything to win."
                            Suddenly the Minister of trade, Wets His Pants(Nickname Willy), came bursting into the room.
                            "Sir! Sir! They've offered it to us!!"
                            "What have they offered?" Asked Buccha
                            "They've offered to give us Communism!"
                            "Who?"
                            "I don't know there are too many to keep track of!"
                            "Okay, what do they want in exchange?"
                            "Bronze Working, Sir"
                            For a moment Buccha thought Willy was pulling a joke but then he remembered how the AI likes to skip certain techs.
                            "Very well trade acce..."
                            "NO!" Dot burst out with anger " We cannot give them this tech if we do than it could mean possible wars against thousands of spearmen... countless lives would be lost." suddenly he started an interpertive dance of how a war would go between the Iroquois and the whoever was on the recieving end.
                            "Good point Dances Too Much, perhaps we should buy you some stickier shoes while we're at it... Inform them that we cannot accept"
                            "Very well sir"
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            hehehe

Comment

For those confused as to who is babylon and who is persia... babylon is the dark blue.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X