Germany Falling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 4

After being in the shadows for over a month, i now present chapter 4 in Germany Falling. (and thanks for all the kind words everyone)

Chapter 4

Rally the Nation

“People of Germany.” The German Chancellor breathed heavily, “I come before you today with a heavy heart & deep sadness. Last night at approximately 11pm Berlin time, Germany undertook the largest aerial offensive in history, codename Operation: Eagle. The operation consisted of mass bombing raid concentrated on our enemies front lines and command posts, and precision strikes to knock out supply and communication lines. But it was also the largest military disaster in history. 80% of our planes all over the world were lost. Thousands of brave, young German pilots were shot down and either killed, or captured.” Bismark himself had to fight back the tears. “This war was already destined to be difficult, more so than the entire Age of War. And now, it has taken a turn for the worse, we have lost control of the skies, and the ability to strike deep into enemy territory. But I tell you, not trying to impress you, not as Chancellor, not even as a friend, but I tell you as a German citizen, that GERMANY WILL PREVAIL!! Germany has been under attack many, countless times in the past. In ancient times, the Dutch pushed to the outskirts of Berlin, the Vikings pressed our borders and threatened our colonies. But look at a map! The Dutch were assimilated and the Vikings were defeated. So I tell you, as a fellow German, call upon the strength of past generations. Receive the strength of past warriors who pushed the Dutch from our Fatherland! Receive the courage of stranded German archers and swordsmen who were outnumbered and surrounded by Viking Berserkers, who still fought and won against all odds! Fight like these men, not for me, not for the government, but fight for the Fatherland! Fight for GERMANY!!” Bismark ended his speech with a flourish, bringing the live audience to their feet and instilling great patriotism in every German, not seen since the Age of War.

Over the next month, enlistment for every branch of the armed forces doubled, then tripled, but still it was not enough. Germany was still losing, Half of England was under Persian control, and the Arabs and Zulu were making advances in the Netherlands, but were stopped for the moment at Amsterdam. Portugal marched on Cologne. The Celts destroyed the Frankfurt canal and had crossed the land bridge, heading for Leipzig. A large offensive was being planned, Richtofen’s 4th Army was given orders to hold the Portuguese at bay, and a small band of downed pilots fought a Guerilla war in Leiria....

After a month of living secretly in the sewers, Wilhelm was beginning to walk again. Painfully and slowly, but it was still progress. He just sat and stared at a stolen heater, thinking of better days long since passed. He saw his wife, and walked with his kids from their bus stop, holding the youngest ones hand. “Daddy. My teacher talked about planes today. I told her you flew planes that shooted people.” Wilhelm laughed at the child’s innocence.

“What did she say?”

“She said that you must be in the mil.. milia... miliatree..”

“The military?”

“Yeah, that’s it!”

“Wilhelm.” It was his wife. The sweet voice of the woman he loved more than life itself.

“Wilhelm?” Her voice was slightly different... what was wrong?

“Wilhelm?” He was being shaken, not violently, but as if someone was trying to wake someone who had fallen asleep.

“Wilhelm!” He snapped back to reality. It was Heinrich.

“Huh? What’s up?” He finally said, realizing where he was.

“Uh... its time to move out. A small Portuguese squad is moving to attack a group of resisters, we have to help them.”

“Oh, yeah... ok. Let’s move.” Wilhelm stood uneasily at first, but quickly regained his balance, and hobbled away following his friend.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Visit the stories forum My stories.... The Rise of Germany and Fall of the Dutch and Germany Falling

Comment

thanks mate
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

rob006

Keep it coming, many read when time permits, many are just bogged down with life, but as I am not of the top shelf caliber of writer, I have resigned myself to write as a hobby and self satisfaction..and yes affirmation is a nice bonus, but please continue as many enjoy and as Paddy so eloquently put it, lurkers also enjoy

Gramps
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Finally got a chance to read the last section- that bit with wilhelm, mate- that was classic!
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

hey guys, sorry i havent posted in nearl a month (i think ) but right now i am swamped with work and church (VBS!) but both are slowing down and i should be able to get some more of this to you guys soon. Ive already got part of this section finished in my head, i just need to get it on paper and then here! well, l8er guys

Visit the stories forum My stories.... The Rise of Germany and Fall of the Dutch and Germany Falling

Comment

hey everyone... sorry i havent been on in a while.... im sooo bogged down with work and school that i havent had much time for anything else. and what time i do get, i try and spend with my gf....but i have this story in the back of my mind.. i just need a time to get it onto paper, and then in here.... be patient. l8er

Comment

cheers mate
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                X