AU Needs YOUR Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU Needs YOUR Help

The Apolyton University is looking for a person to write a story, based on a DAR (During Action Report). In case you are wondering, the Apolyton University is a place where people learn how to better their civ game, with courses and insight. Any volunteers?

Interested People
    Vovan
    DarkCloud
    Grandpa Troll
    Paddy the Scott
    ChrisiusMaximus (Only available in Mid-August)
    Metaliturtle (Interested in doing funny side parts)
    Last edited by Tassadar500; June 14, 2004, 19:49.

Heh, I could use some exercise there. Where be that DAR - I'd only commit myself after seeing it, because my patience is not always very long when it comes to writing stories, and I'd hate to start writing something for you, have your hopes all up that I'd finish it soon, and then abandon the project.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

Also, what is the intended purpose of the story? Like promotion of the AU, or inclusion into a "course" or so? I, personally, am much into the "creative" side of Civ Stories, lately, so maybe I wouldn't fit your purpose any way. If you need an almost DAR-like epic, I should recommend SKILORD, though he might be too busy nowadays.
      Spore page

Comment

As for the DAR, it has not been decided yet. But it will probably be some sort of great comeback military conquest

Comment

Hmmm... Maybe several writers could do it at the same time, if you feel adventurous. We've been toying with the idea of a "group" story for a long while now, but never actualy got to do it. Maybe this could be a good candidate, as the plot would essentially be already all worked out, and we would all have a general direction to work in.
          Spore page

Comment

Originally posted by vovan
            Hmmm... Maybe several writers could do it at the same time, if you feel adventurous. We've been toying with the idea of a "group" story for a long while now, but never actualy got to do it. Maybe this could be a good candidate, as the plot would essentially be already all worked out, and we would all have a general direction to work in.
            Have you been reading my mind? I was thinking of a group story actually, with editors and all of that.

Comment

Is no one interested?

Comment

Im interested but unfortunately lacking the time at this moment.

If this does get started I may join in later on in a month or so, but good luck in your endeavours for now
                A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

I like what you all are doing at the AU, and am glad to see this idea

I would also like to back Vovan's proposal for a group story for this event.

This could be a good way to cross two strong streams of Civ III players here at Poly
                  Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

I'm going to try to talk to DC about it.

Comment

go hard old chap

we have some great writers here, and getting a core together should not be hard

adding to that, most are also great editors, so the whole project should be quite a sucess
                      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Paddy, you would be interested in helping, right? I'm going to assemble a group of writers and editors.

Comment

NM, I could post a news item asking people to join if you want me to. That way, more people might see it and join in on the fun.
                          Spore page

Comment

That would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
                              That would be appreciated
                              Done
                              Spore page

Comment

Working...
                              X