No announcement yet.

The Craziest Men on the Planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now we are talking. You are improving, Marcos.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

Indeed great stuff
      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

El Presidente, thank you... I am enjoying this.
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Inside the command center, things were already getting tense. As soon as the Bugger launched it's missiles, other bombers followed. Within seconds, the radar views of the North American continent filled with hundreds of red streaks...

Alarms began to ring. People were running around from console to console, keying in inputs madly. In New York, Washington D.C, and a great many other major American cities, the air raid alarms were ringing madly. People rushed in a massive torrent to the newly built public bomb shelters...

"Warning...Warning...Warning...Incoming reentry vehicles. Estimated velocity 7 km/s. Impact in seven minutes. Estimated civilian casualties: 74 million..." The computer continued in it's quiet feminine voice, reading off the casualty tolls for schools, hospitals, factories...It was grisly listening. "Recommended: Deployment of Toggenberg ABM laser."

The President, his Secret Service staff, and a group of Air Force generals sat around the computer console. General Maxwell, the highest ranking general, shrugged. He pulled out a silver key, and inserted it into a keyhole on the console. The President did the same. At precisely the same instant, the two turned...

Toggenberg was active.
          Now just don't go forming any angry mobs now, you hear?

Comment

Another cliffhanger chapter El Presidente, though I moan about how short they are I have to admit you are a genius at creating suspense
            A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

The massive, telescope like cylinder of the Toggenberg laser swung around at a surprisignly high speed. Aiming it's single huge laser cannon at one of the incoming warheads, it fired. Then, it turned to another, and fired again...

With Toggenberg, the Windspritn ABMs fired too. Soon, the air was filled with re-entering warheads, laser beams, and Windsprints...

Within seconds, the air had become incredibly electric. Literally. Inside the command center, the radar operators watched as the red streaks dissapeared, one by one...

Thousands became hunderds, hundreds became tens...

Until there was just one red streak remaining. It would have been easy game, if it was not for the fact that Toggenberg had overheated, and it needed to cool down...But the missile would hit before that had happened...

"Where's that missile gonna land?" yelled the President.
              One of the technicians ran some calculations on a computer. "Houson, Texas," was the reply.
              This was accompanyied by a massive sigh of relief from everyone in the bunker, followed by a wince as the warhead landed and Houston flashed off the map.

Comment

More please.
                XBox Live: VovanSim
                xbox.com (login required)
                Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                Spore page

Comment

Same here, possibly longer though but more is fine

Comment

"Damm it, damm it!" the President yelled. "The Soviets just wiped out Houston! We really need to retalitate! Problem is that they got an ABM laser, too...Can we take it out?"
                    General Quembley, the man in charge of the USAF's Space Command, replied.
                    "Well, if we get a squadron or two of bombers and just saturate the defences, we might get lucky. But, we do need to wipe out that laser, no matter the cost. After all, if we do wipe out their air defence system, we can send in our conventional atmospheric bombers, and just bomb 'em all the way back to the Paeleolithic."
                    "Adam!"
                    "All right, the Iron Age."

The interceptor pilot sat in the cockpit of his orbital pilot. Just minutes before, he had downed a Soviet Tu-256 'Bugger.' He was the first to do so, but was soon followed by many others...

Now, the pilot had received new orders. He was ti fly over the USSR for an indeterminate purpouse. Although the pilot did not know what his job would be, he had an ominous feeling that he was going to get shot at a great deal...

No one likes being live bait for an ABM laser...

Comment

Thank you yet again. A great way for me to finish a Thursday night.
                      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Sorry about the absence. An accident in the biolab got me sick with something that they haven't even categorized yet--I was in quarantine for two full weeks, until they figured out that it wasn't harmful.

Anyway, the story resumes...

The interceptor pilot sat in his cockpit, breathing deeply. In and out, in and out...

The numerous readouts on the HUD and dashboard reflected off of his helmet, with an effect that reminded one of Dave Bowman.

He looked down, out of the cockpit. Above, he could see the blackness of space. Below, he saw the soothing familiarity of the Earth, with it's clouds and blue oceans.

Pressing down on the right rudder pedal, he brought his interceptor toward the USSR. Shoving the throttle forward, he pushed the fighter to full afterburner...

(I apologize for the anti-climax, but it was the only way we could have sequels)

Finally, reason took hold in the Kremlin. Premier Desadesky called the President on the Hotline...

"Hello? This is the Soviet Premier, Konstantin Desadesky."

"Ahh...hello."

"I'd like to declare a ceasefire...I want to see my children grow up to have children of their own."

"Alright, alright, alright. RECALL ALL FORCES!!!" he yelled.

And so the human race was safe from annihalation. It was more or less a tie, even though the US lost Houston, and most of Texas with it.

The Soviets would forever curse themselves for this move. It ensured that the US would stay ahead in technology for a very long time.

Comment

Bravo PM good to see you finish this story Im off to read the sequel now

Comment

Working...
                          X