No announcement yet.

The Craziest Men on the Planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You certainly are showing some staying power with this. Keep going with it, never give up, like a terminator, and your reward will be great.

Cheerleading aside, dude, why is it you are so well versed in nuclear-related technology? Are you planning a career in nuclear physics or strategic forces planning?
    Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

Interesting. I'd say give us more goods, but you already know that.
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

No. I've just read a whole sh*tload of books on the subject. Quite a lot for a person of my age, frankly. And I might decide to go into strategic planning...

As for the story...

The President was lurched out of his drunken stupor by one of his close aides.

"Wake up!" the Secret Service agent yelled. "We're under attack! ICBM attack!"

Immediately, the President's face changed from it's normal, emotionless blank stare to a wide, toothy grin.
        "Well, get the Minutemen up!"

Immediately, the General pushed the button. Within seconds, the entire Minuteman and Peacekeeper force was in the air, headed toward the USSR...

At the same time, Soviet missile satellites opened fire, annihalating the rising ICBMs in revenge for what happened to theirs.

Across the Pacific, the entire B-1 force was gathering for a strike on Moscow...
        Now just don't go forming any angry mobs now, you hear?

Comment

Ahhh, you are killing me! You finally deliver the goods, but how much? A full seven lines of writing! What's up with that? I hope you aren't running out of labels to put on the goods, or the shipping boxes. Otherwise, we'd have to provide humanitarian help. I'll personally send you five bags of bubble-wrap so you can make your goods safe for shipping in a hurry.

Seriously, though, that's kind of not much of a continuation of the story. I hope since you've read so many books on the subject, you are now far more enlightened and can keep on writing more. I'd normally say something about style of writing or build-up of the suspence right about now, but there is really too little there to judge. So, please give us more.
          Spore page

Comment

Vova, your comments are getting longer than the publications.
            Please keep the story coming, Mr. President.

Anyways, I just thought I'd say that Chrisius not only looks and acts like a gorilla, but he also smells like one too.

What do you think of that, Chrisius?
            Last edited by unscratchedfoot; October 17, 2003, 07:13.

Comment

Ditto
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                Ditto
                * Vovan sniffs the air *

I haven't seen Chris act like a gorilla ever since his encounter with good ol' Melly.
                Spore page

Comment

Very funny!! but what I have to say is look at the time your post was edited Scratch, now where did I put my banana!!
                  A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Any way, how's about 'em goods, Markos? We are waiting, some of us - impatiently.
                    Spore page

Comment

yeah... the story is a good one
                      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Almost immediately, both sides launched massive orbital offenses. Antipodal Bombers, based on the vintage Saenger design, were taken off by both sides. Within minutes, the battlefield of space had been drawn out. On both sides, the interceptors were launched on top of modified ICBMs...

The massive solid-fuel booster stage was shoved out of it's silo by a huge blast of cold gas. It was pushed outwards and upwards. The main engine, a huge, two-nozzled affair, was activated. Great columns of fire descended downwards, and became steam. The booster stage was temporarily engulfed in smoke and steam, but after a few seconds, the booster rose out of the fireball and accelerated past Mach 4 within half a minute. After about 45 seconds, the first stage detatched, and the modified warhead bus, the interceptor on top, activated it's huge liquid fueled engine, and coasted upwards into orbit. Inside the delta-winged, semi lifting-body interceptor sat a generic Air Force pilot. He looked straight ahead at the HUD, as he flipped the ON switch. A bright green pipper appeared on the relfector panel. The pilot armed opened the ventral weapons bay, and targeted the missile...

Comment

you are a tease young sir.
                          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Do you enjoy giving us so little goods or maybe you haven't yet come up with the idea wha happens next? Any way, like Paddy said, tease, yes, you are. But then, there really isn't enough development to get into the suspense you could otherwise build up with, say the last sentence of the chapter... I don't know. All I can say is maybe, take your time and develop the plot more and write up more stuff before posting? Like, if everything you've posted so far was over the course of two chapters rather than twelve, that would have been great. The way it is, one really cannot get into the story. The immersion factor just isn't there, since you are feeding us half-bite pieces...

Other than that suggestion, I'd say, it's all good. Looking forward to more from you.
                            Spore page

Comment

l
                              Last edited by unscratchedfoot; November 3, 2003, 01:40.

Comment

Low Earth Orbit. Even though this was not where true outer space began, nor where free fall was replaced by a complete lack of Earth’s gravity, the view from 200 kilometers up was still spectacular. From up here, where there was no atmosphere, the stars were clearer and brighter than ever. The Moon was clearly visible. Below, the Earth’s surface curved downward and away…
                                It was a tranquil, almost serene scene. For a moment, it seemed that everything was at peace. But upon closer inspection, things were proven to be quite different…
                                The rotary missile launchers in the now wide open weapons bay of the orbital interceptor rotated into position. Chrome polished to protect the sensitive electronics from harmful galactic radiation, the launch canisters gleamed in the reflected light of the Sun. One of the launch canisters, more specifically the one in launch position, began to open. The two rotating bay doors began to part, revealing a crack that progressively widened. As the doors opened, a band of light shone down into the canister, slowly revealing the missile. A white painted one. This was serious.
                                Inside the cockpit sat a nervous pilot. He stared into the HUD, and it’s bright green reticle. Below the reticle, projected on the HUD display, was a Pulse Doppler radar display. The pilot, nervous, high on adrenaline and testosterone, targeted the first Soviet spacecraft he saw – a Tu-256 ‘Bugger’ orbital bomber. Immediately, a set of arrows appeared on the HUD, vectoring the pilot towards his prey. By now, the pilot, who was grinning inanely, pulled the trigger on the joystick…
                                At the bottom of the launch canister, a puff of vapor from an exploding CO2 cylinder ejected the missile vertically. The missile went upwards in a parabolic trajectory. It’s onboard rocket motors fired to point it at the target. At that instant, the main engine, a massive solid-fueled rocket, activated, sending the missile streaking towards it’s quarry at over 30 kilometers a second. The fighter, moving at only 8 kilometers a second, separated trajectories away from the missile, and loaded yet another…
                                “My wife’s mother is the model mother-in-law,” said the Russian pilot of the ‘Bugger.’
                                “Why?” asked his bombardier.
                                “There is no joke in the world that is not suitable for her.”
                                Both men laughed. Suddenly, the Sirena ECM began to scream loudly. Something was targeted on the ‘Bugger.’ The pilot swore in Russian, then began evasive maneuvers. “Hey, Yuri!” he yelled to his bombardier.
                                “What?” the bombardier asked.
                                “Get those orbit to ground nukes ready!”
                                Yuri the bombardier activated the arming panel and armed the warheads on the KSH-24 ‘Klump’ orbit-to-surface nuclear missiles. As Ivan the pilot spun the bomber upside down, Yuri opened the weapons bay, and launched the nukes, just as the missile from the interceptor struck home, sending the bomber streaking out of control over the Pacific Ocean.

Comment

Working...
                                X