No announcement yet.

Spite and Malice....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here, here, to those who say beer should not be mixed with other things! I am in full agreement. If I want beer, I'll drink a beer. I'm actually quite fond of Belgian wheat ale, personally.

As for hard liquor, gin and tequila are my two drinks of choice. Nothing quite as refreshing on a hot day as a nice, cool gin and tonic with a healthy twist of lime.
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

• You guys ignore Tha Drink: Caipirinha!
      Brazilian Cachaça (a strong drink, I don´t know to what should I compare it), mixed with lemon juice and a bit of sugar, and lots of ice, tastes fantastic, even though it is pretty much simple.Although one must take care with it, once I ended up drinking more than I should without noticing, due to the ice and all. But great anyway, specially if you get someone skillfull to do it for ya.
      Señor Nuclearis Winterius the III,
      Diplomat with the Voxians, and also
      Señor Pablo Winterius, missionary Bishop and Archbishop of the Roleplay team

Comment

• Whoa, our "Submarines" are with tequila, not vodka, but it's exactly the same process as SirRalph described.

Now, one little detail, the tequila/beer combination is one of the most-likely-to-get-you-drunk-quick mixes I have ever had the dubious honor to try. Worse thing is that you can get drunk and never know it (you know, you're sitting there shooting up one after the other and feeling perfect, then you stand up and the whole room suddenly begins spinning).

So, I'll pass on that since I like drinking to loosen up, not get smack drunk...
        A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• [SIZE=1] Nothing quite as refreshing on a hot day as a nice, cool gin and tonic with a healthy twist of lime.
          Agreed! But on a sailing trip to Greece in 2000 I also discovered how refresing ouzo with ice water can be on a hot day. Lovely drink. Makes me feel very - well - Mediterranean.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• One drink that I absolutely hate: ouzo ! But I didn't drink it with ice water on a hot day in Greece, so maybe I should try the original thing before judging it

I'd like only to add that the best drink is what you like the most. Even more precisely, what you like most in a certain moment or ocasion. For example, my favourite drink is the beer (unmixed ). However, on a freezing winter evening I prefer a vodka or palinka, while after a pleasent family dinner I prefer a wine or a cognac. Besides, it'd be a shame not to try the local specialties when going on vacation in a certain country/region.

Generally I prefer the softer drinks (beer, wine) because I can drink them for a long time without getting drunk. Like MZ said it, to loosen up ...
            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
            --George Bernard Shaw
            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
            --Woody Allen

Comment

• for regional stuff, I'll take a cuban Mojito any day...

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiberius
                One drink that I absolutely hate: ouzo ! But I didn't drink it with ice water on a hot day in Greece, so maybe I should try the original thing before judging it
                On a sunny day on Crete at 35-40°C (around 100F, for the heathens ) it's a must-have aperitif. Without it, I couldn't swallow any food there.

Comment

• We should all start an Apolyton Travel & Leisure Club...

(or at least the Apolyton Alcoholics Not-So-Anonymous)

Comment

• Interesting how this thread has suddenly become a drinking club.

Comment

• Yeah... people FINALLY realized PtWDG is just a game... ...and that there are other enjoyable things in one's life.

Comment

• Without bigotry and name calling it can be a nice place indeed.

Comment

• ...and that there are other enjoyable things in one's life.
                          ... and there are, that's for sure. Like ... drinking beer while playing civ or browsing Poly ?
                          "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                          --George Bernard Shaw
                          A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                          --Woody Allen

Comment

• we should play an MP one day...

... drunk!

Comment

• Ah good, I see that my duty is done..... for now....

E_T
                              Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                              Worship the Comic here!
                              Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph

On a sunny day on Crete at 35-40°C (around 100F, for the heathens ) it's a must-have aperitif.
                                Indeed.

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

....it can be a nice place indeed.
                                Indeed, indeed!

Originally posted by vondrack

Yeah... people FINALLY realized PtWDG is just a game... ...and that there are other enjoyable things in one's life.
                                Indeed, indeed, indeed.

Man, this had made me thirsty - time for a beer.
                                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X