More Xp News From Avault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
    *Tries to subdue convulsions. Wipes drool from mouth* Can I have myself cryogenically frozen and thawed out on release date so I don't have to wait?
    I don't think you should do so. But I also drool!
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Drooling while being cryogenically frozen tends to be reallllly bad.

(Hey, cryogenetics would be a great advanced tech.)

I hate to be a negative nobby but I will wait until autumn to pass judgement on the XP. Some of us feel we have been burned before by Firaxian promises.

(OK, I might even drool a little while waiting for it too but I hope my expectations are not dashed a second time.)
      "Our lives are frittered away by detail....simplify, simplify."

Comment

Well, of course you can be sceptic, but don't whine too much, OK? After the release of Civ3, I actually needed a break from the community because I went nuts of all the whining.

But when we talk about the drooling, as most of you surely already have discovered, I have always been notoric optimist! I don't like to be, and I can't be, very pessimistic.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

radar towers....Yes!

Hopefully, Firaxis will take my advice and include a small wonder: satelite network - giving its owner worldwide radar coverage.

Also, sonar booies (I have no idea how to spell that word so I just went with phoenetics) would be great for those sneaky submarines.

I don't care how much it costs, I want the XP NOW!

Comment

This is good news, I hope we won't have to pay too much for this expansion pack though.

I guess outposts extend your culture in a super fortress type thing, giving you control over an area outside your territory? I hope they won't be too powerful though.. won't chew up a big culture cities culture too easily.
            I always think of the culture boundaries being supply boundaries too.. though this dosen't work fully in that sense, so maybe outposts would give you more of a supply route to an area.

I hope they have some kind of event scenario editor, to make scenarios as interesting as the old civ version ones.
            It would be good if they add more terrain types.. maybe thats what they are doing.. I mean to bring back swamps (or are these floodplains?? no) and have things like rainforest extra terrain maybe.

PS . Greek girls are as sexy as greek websites too!

Comment

Ok, let's get this clear. The avault article said "this fall". The American autumn. Please clarify exactly when this is. Being from New Zealand, our seasons are different. So when is the official fall season?
              Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
              Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

I don't want to whine, but I'm just appaled seeing such juvenile joy seeing things that were just MISSING in the original release and that people will be HAPPY to PAY for.

• Three different Internet and LAN game styles: turn-based, simultaneous and "turnless" mode
              • Play-By-EMail and Hotseat games supported
              Except for turn-less, it was already part of standard AC.

• New map features including airfields, outposts and radar towers
            • Complete game editor and (single-player and multiplayer) scenario support
            • This was already in CIV2 ! I'm not even talking about AC or CTP, I'm talking about CIV2, that is a SIX years old game !

• Feudal Japan and World War II unit packs
            • Two new terrain sets that allow players to customize their maps
            • Additional interface enhancements like unit stacking and auto-bombard
            • Fast MP scenarios like Elimination, Regicide and Capture the Flag
            • THAT is new.
              Well, so it happens that half of the expansion is just the finishing touch for Civ3. And they will make you PAY for this and HAPPY to pay for this and they will call this an expansion.
              How can't I have the feeling that the crow is always stupid when I see this ?
              Well, I stand with Jimmytrick on this one : I will get it, but I certainly won't waste a cent on it.
              Won't pay twice for a game.
              Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
                Ok, let's get this clear. The avault article said "this fall". The American autumn. Please clarify exactly when this is. Being from New Zealand, our seasons are different. So when is the official fall season?
                Fall means probably september, october or november.

sorry we are so northern hemisphecentric

Comment

Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
                  Expect it sometime between Sep-Dec.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'm wondering what the "complete editor" means.

I hope I can add civs. Buildings and units too without using unsupported utilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral PJ

I guess outposts extend your culture in a super fortress type thing, giving you control over an area outside your territory? I hope they won't be too powerful though.. won't chew up a big culture cities culture too easily.
                      I always think of the culture boundaries being supply boundaries too.. though this dosen't work fully in that sense, so maybe outposts would give you more of a supply route to an area.

PS . Greek girls are as sexy as greek websites too!
                      This would be good if outposts allow us to claim territory without building cities. That way we can deny territory to the enemy, while not building an unnecessarily high number of cities (and dealing with the corruption).

About the Greek girls...does that mean a lot or a little?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

BTW, what's this "Regicide" thing? I've never seen that word before... Any helpfull people out there? I know it have been that before.
                        Regicide: assassination of the king.

I suppose you will have to destroy an enemy Great Leader or something like this...
                        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Turnless mode? Sounds like Real-Time Strategy Civilization III Without admitting it's an RTS option. hehe

Comment

In AOK, an outpost was an observation tower. I suppose, in Civ3, it will be a primitive "radar" tower, the modern radar having much more detection range.
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I agree with Jimmy. I already paid for most of these features and Firaxis did not deliver, why should I pay for them again? I am tired of being a SUCKER for the software companies. Civ III is already off my hard drive and will probably stay off unless the patch they are calling an enhacement packet is free. Since I doubt that Firaxis is that ethical, I guess I will not be playing Civ III, but then I won't really miss it.

I have enjoyed playing CTP (with mods of course) in lieu of all the Civ III deficiences.

Needless to say that I am very disappointed in Firaxis and how (IMO) they let down Civ III and their fans.

Of course many people will disagree with me and that's OK, after all it is your money to spend or not to spend.

Comment

• Working...
                                X