What Else could be Included?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Else could be Included?

Everyone is spending so much time talking about multiplayer and new civs, so I ask the quesiton...

What else could be included? New worker abilities? Unit costs? Wonders added? An actual scenerio editor? Just want everyones opinion.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

I don't know. I figure they already have those things decided and haven't chosen to divulge it to us. So, I will not speculate.

Comment

I still want certain era only games. This was always one of my favourite ideas in the devopment forums.
      Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
      Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

I would like to see a useful modern wonder.

Genetic engineering and longevity, just dont thrill me like they used to. Also on a branch I rarely get to.

UN-I turn that off, though if improved, will turn back on.

Seti-preferred the old version, only make it if not doing anything else.

I would like to see something like The Internet or something, which would decrease the civ's corruption. Or maybe it could help assimilation or something.

I would like to see certain techs have inherent corruption reducing properties.

what else? I think just more editor flexibility

Oh

This is goofy, but since we're going to have MP, I would like it to be easier to use your face as your leader head. (can you do this now? not sure, but even if you can, it could be easier.) Games like NHL 2002 let you do this, put your face on a player Would personalize the game a bit for me. And would love to see my opponents face with bruises all over it

Comment

Idealistically, I'd have to say... I'd want to see Firaxis through realism and historical accuracy out the window, and put in something similar to SMAC's council

Realistically... Improvements on Worker Automation (I.E, option to make them do roads only (If that option doesn't already exist), and one to make them stand by, waiting, when there's nothing to do (If that also doesn't already exist)).
          Wojit - He likes rice

Comment

A revamped modern era tech tree would be very high on my list of desirables.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Hey Kring, I'm from Wichita too! Small world, eh bro?
              http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Multi-level maps (like in Civ II ToT).

Future era(s).

Mandatory Retirement set forward a couple of centuries for new era.

Revamped Modern era.

Fully customizable civ editor.
                "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Easily reconfigurable key mappings
                  Mixed unit groups
                  Stacks, cities and map locations able to be hotkeyed
                  Border violation alerts with triggerable 'jump to' feature

I see all of these being important to the success of simultaneous or turnless multiplay.

Outside of multiplayer all I really want is true scenario editor tools capable of adding unlimited new units, techs, governments and resources with the ability to place them on the map and assign rudimentary 'on event' activities like a unit appearing when a certain city falls etc.
                  To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

Here's what I'm expecting in the expansion pack:

8 new civs.
                    Multiplayer.

Here's what might also be included:

New buildings
                    New wonders
                    New techs
                    New diplomacy options

All within the existing structure of the game. Don't expect anything radical and you won't be disappointed.
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Great Wonder: Carver's penis - tripled population growth rates.

Comment

I agree with Stuie.

I think a reasonable person would expect an increase in Great Wonders since you now have 8 more civs, but I wouldn't count on it since it is expected to only give 16 civs playable.

I wondered what part of Kansas you were from monkspider when I read your sig a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by kring
                          I agree with Stuie.

I think a reasonable person would expect an increase in Great Wonders since you now have 8 more civs, but I wouldn't count on it since it is expected to only give 16 civs playable.
                          I think a couple new wonders and perhaps units or techs are quite feasible. To write in new unit commands or other new things, probably not. Other things would be feasible, like adding new resources or luxuries, but do we really need 16 of each? I like some of the things to be kept simple.

Originally posted by kring
                          I wondered what part of Kansas you were from monkspider when I read your sig a while back.

Kansas

Comment

It sure would be nice to get a few new government types; I'm dieing to see Fundamentalism & Facism plus a few of the CTP2 government types like corporate republic & virtual democracy would be nice.
                            As for new modern era wonders how does the Statue of Liberty sound? It could automatically assimulate any foreigners in the county when it is built.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

How about a PTW Limited Edition Tin Box? This version will allow people to play online with out paying per play.

All that refuse to pay the PTW LE's price of $60US, will be forced to pay per play. Firaxis will control all users, that use the regular PTW version, that plays over the internet. They will rule with a Iron Fist. This way, any "bot" civs in your internet games, can be taken over by a Firaxian employee, inabling God code that civ, and making your game a living hell.

You have exactly 2 months to accept this, or your current Civ3 software will "lock", unless you recieve a serial number from a copy of PTW's LE.

You have been warned.

I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
                              X