No announcement yet.

YASP - Yet Another Sabrewolf Pbem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just some other points - the title of the mod was the first thing that popped into my mind. If there is a better suggestion then let's hear it!

I thought we could also start with 3 workers in addition to the 4 settlers?

Everything else I guess it's up to Conqueror!

Comment

thanks, andydog!

i'd change following stuff:
      - each continent to be of roughly equal size and topography and quality of terrain
      - default rules: cultural conversions ON, scientific leaders ON, all classical victory conditions (so not victory point and wonder victore)

and add:
      - the map is designed and/or tweaked, but who starts where is up to the randomizer.
      - in the closer starting area roughly the same much food, shield and commerce potential.
      - raging barbarians to have a slight early challenge

i'm not sure if 2 UUs is a good idea... and i'm a bit afraid of your sipahi and tempted to take it myself

anyway, i'll be
      Grand Dictator Sabrewolf of the Swiss
      (white civ colour please (for both default and alternative colour))
      traits: Seafaring, Agricultural, Scientific (==> starting techs alphabet, pottery, masonry
      UUs: Berserker, Sipahi (replace berserker with javelin thrower, if we agree to have raging barbarians)
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Me: Mad Pleb Krill of the Romans,
        blood red civ colour if possible, please
        Agricultural, industrious, commercial,

UU: (if two allowed) Carrack and Berserker,
        If one only, I'll take the cossack.

This is going to be fun
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

It seems we still have a few things to agree.

UUs - I got the impression from somewhere that we'd be choosing 2, but do agree that 1 would be better. I've changed it to 1 - hope this is okay with everyone.

Raging Barbs - if we are going to have these, then me and probably the rest of us are going to choose the Javelin Thrower as our UU. Therefore shall we just leave barbarian levels up to Conqueror?

Mod Title: “The Race to Eden”
          Level: Monarch
          Rules: Default rules, cultural conversions ON, scientific leaders ON, all classical victory conditions (No victory point and no wonder victory)
          No. Players: 5 (Andydog, sabrewolf, Moonbars, Chrisius Maximus and Krill)
          Starting Units: 4 starting settlers and 3 starting workers for each player.
          Globe:
          Standard sized map, 5 continents.
          - each player to start on their own separate continent;
          - each continent to be of roughly equal size, topography and quality of terrain;
          - each continent to be separated from other continents by a minimum of 3 ocean tiles;
          - each continent to have 3 luxury resources (numbers of each occurrence of the 3 luxuries is up to the discretion of the mod creator);
          - each continent to have 1 of each strategic resource;
          - start positions to have roughly the same food, shield and commerce potential;
          - the RNG to determine who is allocated each continent.
          All other map specifications and are up to the discretion of the mod creator, with a view to creating a reasonably balanced map overall.

Civilisations, traits, and UU
          Each civ is to have 3 traits and 1 UU:

Andydog: "Prime Minister Nelson of the Kiwis", Agricultural Seafaring Religious, Sipahi (blue civ colour).

sabrewolf: "Grand Dictator Sabrewolf of the Swiss", Agricultural Seafaring Scientific, Sipahi (white civ colour).

Moonbars: "Major Moonbars of the Moonbareans", Agricultural Seafaring Scientific, Bezerker (purple civ colour).

Chrisius Maximus: "High Chieftan of the Clans, Maximus", Agricultural Seafaring Religious, Gallic Swordsman (green civ colour).

Krill: "Mad Pleb Krill of the Romans", Agricultural Industrious Commercial, Cossack (red civ colour).
          Last edited by Andydog; May 22, 2004, 19:25.

Comment

Major Moonbars of the Moonbareans (base me on the Greeks)
            Argicultural, Scientific and Seafaring.
            Korean Purle
            UU to be announced,
            What are we doing about starting techs?
            The Best Multiplayer Game Ever

Comment

The starting techs would be the normal ones, so you would have:

Pottery, BW and alpha.
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

moonbars, good trait choice

as for the techs:
                SEA and COM both give alphabet
                EXP and AGR both give pottery
                imho, whoever has these 2 traits with the same tech can chose the 3rd tech (condition: must be 1st level tech)

Comment

We're waiting for Chrisius' choices and Moonbars UU.. as soon as we have them I think we're ready to rumble chaps!

Comment

The UU of the Moonbareans shall be the Bezerker!
                    Minsc and Boo!

Comment

hum, read a little deeper into the thread and I see that my traits and UU have been high on everybody else's list as well :-) Great Minds.... This should be a good game.

Comment

moonbars, what's your 2nd UU?

Comment

We're just having the 1 UU (as you'll see above) . I put your first choice of UU down (Sipahi). Happy with that?

Comment

never used them, but i'm sure, they're fun to use!

Comment

Celts, religious agricultural and sefaring, gallic swordsman.

High Chieftan of the Clans, Maximus.
                              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Okay folks, I think we're ready!

Is there anything else we need to iron out before we fire the above updated spec to Conqueror?

Comment

Working...
                                X