Give Peace a Chance - C3C PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give Peace a Chance - C3C PBEM

I¡¯d like to propose a PBEM game where the victory conditions are not conquest or domination. Players are encouraged to trade and create happy civilisations with high culture ratings.

Players: 6. Fast players please . . . .

Map: Standard size. The map will be continents with enough water and islands for the new seafaring civ trait to be useful. Resources will be plentiful but each resource will be mostly concentrated in one part of the map. This is to encourage trading (and hoarding?) among the players. Resources such as iron might be more spread out to prevent one player from running over everyone else. In this type of map, trade embargos will likely be a powerful weapon.

Victory Conditions: Space race, Diplomatic Victory, Cultural Victory, Histographic Victory. A player might win by destroying everyone else in the game but I hope this won¡¯t happen.

Available Civs: Any are possible but considering the nature of the game a militaristic civ is probably not advisable. I¡¯m looking forward to trying one of the new civs.

Barbarians: Raging hordes. If we¡¯re not going to be hacking at each other we need someone on whom we can take out our aggressions

I hope that someone who isn¡¯t interested in playing this game will volunteer to make a map for us. If no one volunteers then I will make a map and show it to everyone before we start the game. This takes some of the fun out of exploring but a random map won¡¯t do for this game.

I will update this post as I get people¡¯s opinions and suggestions.
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Player List and Order

Anatolia - Mayan (GMT +9)
    Sir Ralph - Indian (GMT +1)
    Snotty - Byzantine (GMT)
    Ghengis Farb - Sumerian (GMT -6)
    Sadurni - Dutch (GMT -8)
    Wittlich - Portugese (GMT -8)
    Last edited by marcuspeddle; November 24, 2003, 19:19.

Comment

I'm not interested in the game - the joy of war is too seductive - but I will do a map for you.
      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Thanks. Do you need any more details about the map or is my description enough?
        I'm worried that no one will be interested in a non-violent game of Civ . . . . .

Comment

Do you mean a game, where wars are forbidden at all? Or just the victory conditions domination and conquest disabled (even though you can't really disable conquest)? In this case, militaristic still makes sense, since it would pay off to reduce all opponents to one puny city and then win peacefully with a huge empire.

Comment

Wars are not forbidden, they're just discouraged. Of course, a player can try to take out all his neighbours but I'm trying to set up a game where players can practice peaceful competition. Domination and conquest victories would be disabled but, as you said, it's still possible to win by reducing others to one city.

Comment

Wars are not forbidden, they're just discouraged.

The only way I can see this implemented, is that everyone has to declare war on eugh whoever declares war first.

(I'm not in btw)
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Neither am I. That's just not civ.

Comment

I'll play, but only if you find a way to replace the default background music with John and Yoko's "Give Peace a Chance". I would need to hear that music looping in the background to help me resist the urge to conquer everyone.

Comment

Maybe we start a DYPLO PBEM... PBEM where we trying to write a role-play stories based upon the game????

I think it is much more interesting then game without wars...

But Im in
                    "We, in Poland, dont know the idea of peace at any price. There is only one thing in life of people, nations, and countries that is priceless. This thing is honor!" - Jozef Beck, Polish Foreign Minister. 5 V 1939

Comment

I would be interested in this one or the Diplo PBEM Idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Feephi
                        I'll play, but only if you find a way to replace the default background music with John and Yoko's "Give Peace a Chance". I would need to hear that music looping in the background to help me resist the urge to conquer everyone.
                        There is a way to change the music to play any MP3 file, there was a thread on it recently.
                        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

A diplo PBEM would be a good idea, I would probably play. But without wars... nah.

Comment

A diplomatic game sounds interesting but I'm more interested in seeing if a group of human players can get through a game without killing each other. It's almost impossible with the AI and once a war starts there's no end to it.
                            So, we have:
                            Anatolia
                            Feephi
                            Luk
                            Ghengis Farb

Just two more! This is progressing more quickly than I thought it would.

Comment

I would like to be Sumeria or the Dutch.

Comment

Working...
                              X