Who else can fit in one more game ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else can fit in one more game ??

I have several games that have either died or will do, none of which Ive set up so have no control over

So........

Anybody else want to join me in a new game

Use this thread for discussion etc and see what comes to pass

First come first in and I dont mind it being 8 players but 5 would be optimum, if more come forward maybe two games could spring forth
    Last edited by ChrisiusMaximus; November 16, 2004, 18:40.
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

A diplogame, perhaps? Just an idea.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

welcome Modo please elaborate
      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

The general idea is that we roleplay the civs we have a little more. This means pursuing what would be more apropriate to the government form, the civ traits and other factors related to the civ. So, in general, a peaceful civ will probably not go to war eagerly, except for a good reason. A fighter is probably going to fight, even unprovoked. A honorable partner will seldom betray anyone. A barbarian on killing frenzy... oh well, you get the drift.

Something described by nbarclay and OzzyKP in this thread in the Apolyton University forum made me think about such a game. Follow the link to the Diplogame FAQ for more details.
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

intersting idea thanks Ill take a look at the links

any more takers any other thoughts ??

Comment

Interesting reading Modo and maybe possible to incorporate some of the ideas into a game

I will leave this open for a few days to see what other interest there is, come on people

Comment

i'd like to play another game

4-5 player diplogame sounds like some fun

Comment

Welcome aboard smelly

Comment

If you're interested in an actual diplogame there's a forum for such things, and Paddy indeed just started one (look in his sig, i'm sure you all have a game with him somewheres )

It sounds almost like (some) of you would be interested in what i'll term a Arpygame. Individual players (not teams or single team) control various civs, and roleplay their civs in whatever way they see fit. No stringent regulations, other than you stay in whatever character you feel is accurate to your civ - it can change from time to time as long as you explain it through storyline.

Turn tracker thread would become a Story Thread, a generalist thread where all players post each turn, and you can seperately have your own thread (if you want, anyways) with your country's story, going more in-depth (and in fact talking about secret details other civs shouldn't know).

Ultimately we would be playing to win, somewhat, but more to have fun and to roleplay. I suggest 8 civs, because more civs makes more fun, but you could have fewer if you wanted it to move faster. You might start out with a "set game" (either a scenario or just some settled cities and/or bonus settlers/units) just to make the game more interesting from a RP point of view to start with.

Game rules would be much looser - you can't discuss things until you meet up, but other than that not a whole lot of restrictions, other than you have to explain anything you do through storyline, and it has to be at least somewhat realistic based on tech and physical reality.

Anyone interested? It would be a bit more of a time commitment than most other games, but you would probably have a whole day per turn if you need it (later on anyway, you don't need a day to play 4000 BC ) so the game would take forever, but it would be ok because you'd be having fun Not sure if this has been tried in this format before - i've never seen it but i've only been here since April, and never in civ2 or SMAC forums...
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Hmmmmm... sounds interesting.

Egyptians please.
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

You may also want to pm 1889. His storyline in the Rumble in the Jungle game has been wonderful.
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Ask He is a pretty good player
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I'd be interested in playing, although this would make my first PBEM game here at Apolyton, If you are cool with that, I would love to join. Sounds fun, I try to storyilize (Yes I just made that word up.) even my single player games.

What size map/other options?

I think I would like Carth.
                          Law of 5th Contingency - "If your 4th contingency has failed, there is no point in checking your 5th. Just accept the world is out to get you." -Earthworm

Comment

I'm going to redirect discussion of the game I suggested here. Chrisius, if this is along the lines of what you're interested in, I'll hand you the reins to mold into what you see fit; if it's not, or you're not interested in molding it, I'll happily lead on, and you can either play along, or start what you're more interested in Either way more discussion of my suggestion should head over to the other thread.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

so is this game going to be played exactly as outlined in the diplogameFAQ?

Comment

Working...
                              X