No announcement yet.

Who else can fit in one more game ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, 3950 save sent to Egypt. Finally....
    Last edited by OzzyKP; November 28, 2004, 12:26.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• and if you are still having trouble with e-mail, here is the save:
      Attached Files

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Ok, I am bored out of my mind with this game. I honestly don't see how people can play PBEM games. At this rate I'll be 50 by the time we finish. I figured it can't be all that bad, everyone else does PBEM and they like it. So I gave it a shot. But sheesh, it is taking away from more exciting activity like that growing lawn of mine that needs watching.

I'll stick it out a few more turns, but I highly doubt my opinion is going to change any. If you guys want to find a replacement, by all means.

Comment

• yeah this does suck a big one..If we were playing a one on one..and for the very reason you mentioned here..s-l-o-w turn rates.. is why I hasten to play a lot of people..

But let me know if you wanna have a go at a game mate

Gramps
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Well, them PBEMs do take time.

Perhaps less players, and less stories on every turn would make the game move faster. How about that?

Scenarios go faster in general. At least they seem to from what I've played so far. I'm new to PBEM too.

Succession games go a lot faster. But they aren't exactly about playing against other people...
            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44
              Well, them PBEMs do take time.

Perhaps less players, and less stories on every turn would make the game move faster. How about that?

Scenarios go faster in general. At least they seem to from what I've played so far. I'm new to PBEM too.

Succession games go a lot faster. But they aren't exactly about playing against other people...
              or story-tellin either

Actually, games go fast if ya :

ONE: Play the turn

TWO: Send the turn

THREE: post a turn and send a story ifin you can

Gramps

allways looking a game

Comment

• I don't know about the fast play. Even with only 4 players, the first PBEMs I entered are still deep in the BCs. The fastest one just saw me build my second city, after a month and a half of playing...

And there's the pressure of having to write the story.

And there's people not showing, like that Paddy guy lately.

Scenarios do help, because they let you escape the need of building your empire, before meeting others. So you can start being all diplomatic at once.

About story tellin' in succession games... Well, it depends on the players, I guess. Something like this can be done, with good results.

Comment

• well Modo..I really enoyed the succession game up to well..ahh you know..

any how....I didnt enjoy 22 civs in a game then the game turn was taking at 1475 era around a couple hours to play and write

maybe a few less civs then it would speed up

BUT it was fun while it lasted..
                  Attached Files

Comment

• We can always start a new one. With moderate difficulty, less AI opponents, and less water (ocean trade routes make the game so slow later ). I still didn't get my start in the middle of a pangea, so...

Or, a simple diplogame, but with 4 players, all of which will make a commitment to actually be there and execute the moves.

Or both.

Btw, last time I saw one of the two diplogames was a week ago. Now, that is very slow.

Comment

Well, them PBEMs do take time.

Yea, I do think its excessive to post a story every fricken turn. That was the benefit of doing a multiplayer diplo, because each session would cover a nice bulk of time that would give plenty of material for writing real, substantive stories. And you'd have a uninterupted week to write it all before the next session.

Writing 3 choppy 2 sentence stories about building a road..... eh.

But even beyond that. Its just slooooow. I really don't mean to criticize for people who really like this style, because I'm an 'outsider'. So don't let me speak ill of it, its just not at all for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP

Yea, I do think its excessive to post a story every fricken turn. That was the benefit of doing a multiplayer diplo, because each session would cover a nice bulk of time that would give plenty of material for writing real, substantive stories. And you'd have a uninterupted week to write it all before the next session.

Writing 3 choppy 2 sentence stories about building a road..... eh.

But even beyond that. Its just slooooow. I really don't mean to criticize for people who really like this style, because I'm an 'outsider'. So don't let me speak ill of it, its just not at all for me.
                        thats the difference between a pbem mindset & an mp mindset..pbem dont mind this

for real...its not about.."Writing 3 choppy 2 sentence stories about building a road..... eh." but more so how your people are developing their Kingdom

Ok

Off we go

Comment

• Hey, I'm all for it, it's just that my Civ3 is very much agains it. I haven't been able to succesfully join a MP game yet.

Comment

We can always start a new one. With moderate difficulty, less AI opponents, and less water (ocean trade routes make the game so slow later ). I still didn't get my start in the middle of a pangea, so...

Or, a simple diplogame, but with 4 players, all of which will make a commitment to actually be there and execute the moves.

Or both.

Btw, last time I saw one of the two diplogames was a week ago. Now, that is very slow.
                            Hey set one up and you and i or possibly a third can have a go at it

Gramps

Comment

Hey, I'm all for it, it's just that my Civ3 is very much agains it. I haven't been able to succesfully join a MP game yet.
                              Me and Platypus Rex tried for a couple hours and neither could actually ever launch a game..

I could only join 2 MP games over the past several months....and then they crashed after an hour or so of playing turns

this was after we waited for 8..EIGHT people to join

Comment

• Odds are Civ4 will have a bigger MP group. Civ3 MP was shot from the get-go, when they didn't include MP capabilities in the original game; too many of the folk who liked MP Civ bailed on the game at that point (admittedly the less committed of the group, but that's still where your large numbers come from that provide cannon fodder for the creme de la creme ... ) And not enough of them (not many) came back with PTW especially when PTW got horrid reviews when it first came out unstable...

So hopefully Civ4 will have a big MP crew and ... faster games. Although the duration of a Civ game is always going to hurt MP a little - few people are willing to play a game in one sitting for more than a few hours, and I haven't seen many Civ games that last that short of a time ...
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X