No announcement yet.

Who else can fit in one more game ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting there, I'm getting there already.

The Internet is vast with resources. I'm getting there, I really am.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• I have so many games going..I think we should stay with the story thread..if all ok with you so any correspondence issues are relegated to one thread

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Gramps, I'd really prefer to have the two. I'd prefer not to clutter the story thread with a bunch of "save sent" posts.

btw, I am a newbie to pbem, but is all the turn reporting really necessary? Can't we just assume that if you get an e-mail with the save, then the person before you went? Or is it all a clever ploy to spam.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
          Gramps, I'd really prefer to have the two. I'd prefer not to clutter the story thread with a bunch of "save sent" posts.

btw, I am a newbie to pbem, but is all the turn reporting really necessary? Can't we just assume that if you get an e-mail with the save, then the person before you went? Or is it all a clever ploy to spam.
          no..since you are new I "clue you in"
          In many games they become stalled..why?

(go ahead and ask why?)

becasue many people are not as committed as others and therefore dont check on a regular basis the turn locale..not "spam locale" but TURN LOCALE!

I abhor (thats hate) a game that is stagnant..

I post my turns so the next person is accontable

I am in 31 games right now at last count..even I often fail to post and then forget where I am at

but when I get the good old email reminder that turn was sent and I dont receive maybe the other person sent to wrong person..for instance we have 3 Bruces minimum playing pbem..

thats the reason "I" post not for spam but accountability

Comment

• ok

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• and the other reason for just one thread is the mass of thrreads here that are active, having two devoted to one game just makes it worse than it needs to be.

So if its Spam you fear then why advocate posting twice for every turn
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP

Dude.... I sent you a PM like 2 weeks ago. If you had responded yesterday you could have gotten in... but the game just started. Sorry. Keep an eye on it, if it goes well hopefully we'll have a bunch more games going.
                yeah sorry ozzy, i dont have email notifiication of pm on and i havent been checking poly regularly for ages.

i know it my fault i missed the start , hopefully some one will drop out ..

GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin

yeah sorry ozzy, i dont have email notifiication of pm on and i havent been checking poly regularly for ages.

i know it my fault i missed the start , hopefully some one will drop out ..

yet another reason to

I meant to say another reason to post

Comment

• the art of spamming has lonmg since faded into the history of time, now everyone seems to be a spammer with most having multi pbem games going where the ability to post quantity is avaialable. add to that all the other oppurtunities aforded by this lovely site and i surprised people even talk of spam anymore as it is to me a takne that all d oit ...

any way i off to go read some other threads i await the next turn sent post...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin
                      the art of spamming has lonmg since faded into the history of time, now everyone seems to be a spammer with most having multi pbem games going where the ability to post quantity is avaialable. add to that all the other oppurtunities aforded by this lovely site and i surprised people even talk of spam anymore as it is to me a takne that all d oit ...

any way i off to go read some other threads i await the next turn sent post...
                      Ok..C U next go around
                      Attached Files

Comment

• So.... at this rate I'll get my second city built by... January.

Comment

• thats the thing with pbem ozzy , you need to be involved in a few of them to pass the time, but then you get confused as to which one you roleplaying.

Comment

• heh, yea I bet.

Comment

• of course for most pbem games that not a problem as al lthey do is post "TURN SENT" and have no interaction at all....

bring on Civ 4 where MP wil lbe built in from start...

Oh yeah i live in a dream world

Comment

• Where's the hold up?

Comment

Working...
                                X