No announcement yet.

Who else can fit in one more game ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep in mind resources and such will change depending on how many players we have and where the civs will be placed.

I encourage people not to study things too closely. It kinda takes away the point if everyone memorizes where all the resources are. I made the map and I honestly don't remember where I put things. Oil in ME, Silk in China, Spice in spice islands, but beyond that and other general things I really don't remember.

So PLEASE. If you are gonna play this map don't study and memorize resource placement.

The MOD has an Israeli civ in it (or a proto-Israeli civ) based on the desire of Rasputin in our earlier attempt at a game to play that. If you are Egypt, then Israel is out of course. All that can be edited. Plus I added one unit, a hot air balloon which is just a mid-game recon unit.
    Attached Files
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

its pretty simple to fix the rules back to default, so no worries about extra civs and units rules. i just wanted to see resource distribution and the map, and i think we'd be better off with the map doing the distribution randomly. i know it won't be accurate to history, and can make it very difficult for some players because many resources will be stuck in the americaa and australia; at least though it won't be prone to balancing failures that human editing can create.

also i think the map really needs more bananas and tobacco, italy could use an extra hill, more evidence of the alps, more food in norway, england one tile wider, iceland pushed back by one, more forests in north america, etc

could even be better to use a map that makes europe-asia bigger at the expense of a smaller american continent

about the diplofaq

4.3 increase naval unit movement

raise curraghs, galleys by one point
      caravels, privateers, galleons, frigates by two points
      modern ships by three

i wouldnt mind seeing the privateer getting +1 to attack

7.4 natives

if america and australia are going to be empty, maybe we could modify barbs a bit so they have better units (something medieval at best) or that human players have less of a bonus when attacking them

Comment

then you have plenty of people to play?

I mean..I find most games and I am involved in 22 currently..flow better with 3-4 people

let me know if you need me if not Ill find a game that moves along..Additionally, am I correct that I dont have to change any rules of which I will not do to my pc..if someone else launches then its fine as long as we play with rules we are all aware of

Thanks

Gramps
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

wow what a threadjack

Im going to start a new thread for my random map diplo game now so you can continue to use this one for discussing other games and settings etc

Ive moved my game set up to a new thread here

please do not post about other games over there
          Last edited by ChrisiusMaximus; November 16, 2004, 18:37.
          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Oh no, not another thread.... Things will be even more confusing now.

Chrisius, this isn't a threadjack, we were continuing (i thought) the game you started discussing. You said in Snoopy's thread you wanted to play on the world map, so I figured on discussing it here. But if I was wrong and you wanted a random map, you should have just gone to Snoopy's thread.

*sigh* oh well. I guess there are three games now.
            Ozzy's World Map Game
            ChrisiusMaximus' Random Map Game
            Snoopy's Random Map Game

Do we have enough players for all three?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

well if you read my posts earlier you would see I had ddecided to go for a random map game, and as you say yourself this was my thread so I think I was right to discuss my preferences here

No worries though Im happy for you to continue any discussions here as I started a new thread to get my game set up from

If there are three games that come form this then its all good and I dont think finding enough players will be a real problem this place of crammed full of civ3 PBEM junkies

No confusion really snoopy is hosting a poll in his thread to choose a map style to play on, it may just be that he will choose to ask you if he can use your map, as I have suggested over there. I however have decided I want to set up a random map game and all im waiting for now is confirmation on who wants to join it

I have expressed my interest in joining snoopy's game too in his thread and if you decide to start a third I may even be persuaded to take a look at that one too
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

We PBEM'ers are all really very pathetic ..

NOT AS PATHETIC AS THIS CHEESE-HEAD but still somewhat pathetic

Like the watch he wears, time to move this thread from planning to playing
                Attached Files
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by smellymummy
                  its pretty simple to fix the rules back to default, so no worries about extra civs and units rules. i just wanted to see resource distribution and the map, and i think we'd be better off with the map doing the distribution randomly. i know it won't be accurate to history, and can make it very difficult for some players because many resources will be stuck in the americaa and australia; at least though it won't be prone to balancing failures that human editing can create.
                  What does everyone else think? My vote is for realism.

also i think the map really needs more bananas and tobacco, italy could use an extra hill, more evidence of the alps, more food in norway, england one tile wider, iceland pushed back by one, more forests in north america, etc
                  More bananas, done.
                  More tobbacco, done.
                  Hill in Italy, because of the stupid way the map works in Civ3, if I add one hill to Italy it doubles in size and looks really weird. (pic attached)
                  More food in Norway, done.
                  Wider England, not done, I played with England for ages to get it to look decent. It honestly is a very skinny island near the top. It just looks really bad wider.
                  Iceland moved back, done.
                  More forests, done.

could even be better to use a map that makes europe-asia bigger at the expense of a smaller american continent
                  I'd much rather a more realistic map than something that looks all warped. Trust me, we'll get over to the Americas. Plus the more we rub elbows the better.

about the diplofaq

4.3 increase naval unit movement

raise curraghs, galleys by one point
                  caravels, privateers, galleons, frigates by two points
                  modern ships by three

i wouldnt mind seeing the privateer getting +1 to attack

7.4 natives

if america and australia are going to be empty, maybe we could modify barbs a bit so they have better units (something medieval at best) or that human players have less of a bonus when attacking them
                  All sounds good to me.

Comment

the pic of italy. It does that no matter where I put the hill.
                    Attached Files

Comment

seems all good

Comment

World Map Diplo-
                        ChrisiusMaximus - Zulu
                        OzzyKP - India
                        Ljube - Greece
                        smellymummy - Egypt
                        Modo44 - China
                        Grandpa Troll - Germany

So is this still accurate, or did people jump ship?
                        Last edited by OzzyKP; November 18, 2004, 00:06.

Comment

Ozzy, people can play more than one PBEM game at the time

In your terms, sail on more than one ship

Comment

Yes Im still interested

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko
                              Ozzy, people can play more than one PBEM game at the time
                              Yes. And there are those that have the number set to infinity.

Ozzy, I'm still in, of course.
                              Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Ok, just pick a civ Chrisius, Ljube, and Grandpa Troll and away we go. We have space for 2 in Europe and 1 in southern Africa. With this number of players we should leave Australia empty.

Once you guys pick your civs I'll finalize the map and we can get started.

Comment

Working...
                                X