No announcement yet.

Ungrateful citizens of Civ3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No matter how you put it, the explanation it's still unacceptable to me.
    If they wanted to reflect unhapyness caused by switching rulers, they should have put it another motive, like "Babylonians, Go Home !", for example.
    No way should they tell me they "Can not forget the cruel opression" or "Hell, no..." as long as for occupied people that should be the least of their concerns !

So, IMO, this is a flaw in the game.
    In the beginning, Earth was without form and void... then my life changed forever.

Comment

Maybe they´re just angry because you "accidently" killed their families in the war...not the switch of ruler...
      But yes...they could have come up with something better to say.
      And ever after, sun shone upon the land of Sunshinia...

Comment

Originally posted by Rogerdude
        , they should have put it another motive, like "Babylonians, Go Home !", for example.

Now THAT would be something

Of course the easiest way to get happy people is gradually starving your conquered cities. Maybe even tax them like hell during the process. Other civs are cool with that, and survivors become content. Passive genocide at work, and something that defies logic so bad it really needs correcting.

Comment

Passive genocide, and the world loves it . or you could endlessly bombard said cities till it's down to 1 population before taking over
          badams

Comment

well, since I wiped them out I decided to keep the cities since there was no fear of a culture-flip (my main fear which makes me raze cities)

In fact they were the #1 Cultural civ which was the reason I wiped them out completely instead of just taking say half their land. After all the corruption in all those conquered cities really made them a stink-hole and since I was saving a leader for the UN I didn't do a palace jump.
            A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Working...
            X