No announcement yet.

Unit Movement Increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job The_Aussie_Lurker. This was good.

This will gove bonuses for more defensive game and will make it little bit more non-militaristic. Jaybe do you agree on that?

Again great idea The_Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Hi,

Thankyou for the words of encouragment . Another couple of things related to my idea are:

1) This idea would also give another great use for fortresses, as they would act, not just as defensive structures, but could also be forward "Supply points" for your invading forces!

2) If this idea were brought about, and if the editor were further improved, it would be good to have a "Combat Engineer" unit. This unit would have limited terraforming capabilites (Build outposts, forts, and roads only), would have the range of a Spec-op unit (i.e. quite high), with a low attack and a high defense (and low on hp!), but "treat all terrain as road". This unit, if it existed, could be forward deployed, ahead of an invading army, to build the infrastructure neccessary to increase the operational range of your forces.

Yours,
      The_Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

I think i prefer the MPs as they are.

I will have to agree with Panag and TheArsenal, concerning the removal of the RR instant movement. It just eliminates movement tactics, especially in the modern times, where the AI has completely covered its land with RRs, every single tile of it.

Comment

Hi Again,

Just thought of another idea which might make invasions more "realistic" (in addition to the idea I presented above!) For a captured city, fort outpost etc to count as "friendly territory", it must be connected to other "friendly territory" by either a road/rail or, in the case of a coastal city, a harbour etc. All of these infrastructure would, obviously, count as actual "supply lines" and would add another layer to the strategy of even the most militaristic game. Obviously, if these connecting infrastructure were in some way pillaged, or otherwise destroyed, then the area would no longer count as "friendly" for the units stationed there. Worse still, it would possibly leave the units outside their operational range, and subject to hp losses (until the can get back to a friendly area). This means that, aside from your invasion force, you'd also need to station mobile attackers to defend your roads and the outposts/forts that they connect!
          Naval vessels should, in my opinion, also have an "Operational range". Military vessels would have the longest range, whilst transport vessels would have much shorter range. More modern vessels would, like land vessels, have longer ranges than those of previous ages, and most modern combat vessels would have a VERY high range, and would only suffer damage if they were an obscenely great distance from their home territory. This might reduce the "settler diarreah" by making settlement of very distant continents much harder until the late middle ages, as earlier vessels would start to lose hp on long ocean voyages (killing the settlers on board-think scurvy and other ship-board diseases!!)
          On a final note, for the purpose of invading another continent, a transport vessel should count as "friendly territory" for the purposes of the operational range of the units being transported!

Yours,
          The_Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Working...
          X