Reply to: Only Seven Civs per game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply to: Only Seven Civs per game

Since that thread was so long, and my message would probably never get reached and read, I decided to make this new thread.

I would like to know just one question. How do you know only seven civs will be availably per game?

That would be VERY disappointing. We Alpha Cenautri people have had to deal with this!!

7 only= game will be lonely.

Comment

We have heard two numbers, 7 and 8. 7 means you + 6 + barbarian which = 8. The 8 means you + 7 + barbarian which = 9. I just went back and started a Civ 2 game to be sure. 7 Civs + Barbarian = 8 total.
      We'll know when Firaxis tell us for sure.
      The Mods people would of course like 8 Civs + Barbarian so they can play with the numbers. If they go with 8 that would be fine by me, however if they go with 7 there is not much I can do about it.
      In CTP 2 they went with 9 Civs, (I just open my game to count them)You + 7 Civs + Barbarian.

------------------

Comment

My question more in detail, is who started the idea that there will only be 7 (8) civs in civ3, and where did they get the idea.

I find no foundation of that proclomation. It says nothing about that in the website, and Dan nor anyone else has posted a thread on that here at apolotyn, so I'm just wondering where he got that idea.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Diablo, Bro. of Mephisto on 05-16-2001 12:25 AM
          My question more in detail, is who started the idea that there will only be 7 (8) civs in civ3, and where did they get the idea.

I find no foundation of that proclomation. It says nothing about that in the website, and Dan nor anyone else has posted a thread on that here at apolotyn, so I'm just wondering where he got that idea.

FIRAXIS has made no official announcement concerning the number of civs that may or may not be in the game.

------------------
          Mike Breitkreutz
          FIRAXIS Games, Inc.
          Mike Breitkreutz
          Programmer
          FIRAXIS Games

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS on 05-16-2001 02:29 AM
            FIRAXIS has made no official announcement concerning the number of civs that may or may not be in the game.

Thanks for the response, Mike, we've been holding our collect breath for awhile now. Although you still haven't said one way or the other, at least it wasn't "we'll have 7 civs".

DBoM, all the info we've received so far regarding the # of civs in a game has come from reviewers, all of them saying 6 or 7 AI civs in the game.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS on 05-16-2001 02:29 AM
              wow Mike, what an excellent way to make your entry into the CoFwhtFPtiANI (Club Of Firaxians Who Had Their Forum Post Turned Into Apolyton News Items) !!!

Comment

It makes me very happy, as probably the rest of us that the answer is: 'We are still working on this'.

There is still HOPE.
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

This is the possibly the best news I have heard about the game. It certainly gives me a lot of hope. (Sorry for all the smilies - I just could not resist)
                  Rome rules

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Diablo, Bro. of Mephisto on 05-16-2001 12:25 AM

The no. 7 was mentioned by two magazines and the no. 8 by one magazine so far. That's where this (dis-)information came from. Note: This refers to the no. of civs per game.

BTW: As long as the thread is - no posts are overlooked.
                    Rome rules

Comment

Roman, may I suggest, after you chill your enthusiasm, you'll edit your "pages of smiles" post?
                      I understand you after the first row, 50+ are more than enough also to a "dumb ******" as I am, according to a nice poster out there.

Thank you for your effort (if you'll reduce that "yellow whale" post, of course).

------------------
                      A weapon is a device for making your enemy change his mind. The mind was the first and final battleground, the stuff in between was just noise.
                      - Admiral Naismith
                      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

I just noticed the Behemonth thread was locked. Thanks, MarkG, I think this was timely - some people even noticed a preformance decrease on the site because of it. Moreover, with the newfound hope - the thread may no longer be neccessary. (And if it is - we can continue posting here )
                        Rome rules

Comment

I have just had a terrible thought. What if the Firaxis quote is refering to the no. of selectable civs rather than the no. of civs per game. I hope that is not the case.
                          Rome rules

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Roman on 05-16-2001 08:35 AM
                            some people even noticed a preformance decrease on the site because of it
                            which you decided to replace by posting hundreds of smilies...

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith on 05-16-2001 08:33 AM
                              Roman, may I suggest, after you chill your enthusiasm, you'll edit your "pages of smiles" post?
                              I understand you after the first row, 50+ are more than enough also to a "dumb ******" as I am, according to a nice poster out there.

Thank you for your effort (if you'll reduce that "yellow whale" post, of course).

Yes, maybe that is a good idea - I shall reduce the no. of smilies...

BTW: Remember I am also not American and hence I too am a "dumb ******" according to the 'pleasant' poster.
                              Rome rules

Comment

Working...
                              X