No announcement yet.

Reply to: Only Seven Civs per game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I noticed the latest preview makes a refference to "lesser civilization". I am not sure, though, whether this refers merely to another, less powerful civilization or the so called "minor civ". I would assume the former is the case.
    Rome rules

Comment

This is great news!!!

At least there is still hope!!!
      "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
      "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Phew! I sure hope we get more than 7 or 8 civs! 7 or 8, is just pathetic!, whatever happened to minor civs. I want to have about 10 major civs and 90 minor civs. If this is to much of a problem in gameplay, then it should be possible to start out with AI generated alliances.

Once again, 7 or 8 civs not guarrantied
        )
        Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
        Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

phew! it's not set in stone, yet. at least that is good news!

Comment

quote:

if only you stopped to notice that up until now everybody assumed that 8 civs were done and final and now that is totally changed....
            if only

Actually, "no comment" could be interpreted a million ways. There may still be only 8 civs at once. For that matter, there may only be ONE civ at once and you just play Sim Civ.

For a lot a reasons, I wouldn't rule out THAT possibility, either.
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

And then yin what would be the exact point of having military units if there was no one there to attack you?

I suppose it depends on how they have designed the engine; perhaps they have left it open to be able to implement more civs. But I would certainly like to see more than 8 sides in the game; 16 would be nice...(15 + barbarians)
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Provost Harrison on 05-17-2001 06:14 AM
                I suppose it depends on how they have designed the engine; perhaps they have left it open to be able to implement more civs. But I would certainly like to see more than 8 sides in the game; 16 would be nice...(15 + barbarians)

That's exactly the number I am also hoping for.
                Rome rules

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Provost Harrison on 05-17-2001 06:14 AM
                  And then yin what would be the exact point of having military units if there was no one there to attack you?

Yes, 16 (or actually seventeen, with Barbarians?) would be the most sensible maximum, since I remember hearing the number of different civs is going to be 16... it would be a good idea just to be able to have them all in the game at the same time, if you really want to play against that many civs. However, even if the limit is 8, I am still going to buy the game and enjoy it every bit as much, although I realise it will cause many complications for those who play or design scenarios.

Comment

I het the impression that Firaxis is setting up for no more than 16 civs (8 major, 8 minor) in a normal game, since they probably aren't doing the facial animations for more than that.
                    No biggee, that. I was starting to think those facial animation things are about as exciting as the civ2 heralds ( the only multimedia perk from civ2 I ALWAYS turn off).
                    But I hope that it isn't a hardwired thing, and that scenario makers will be able to include a lot of civs if they wish. with or without custom designed faces to animate.

BUT, until Firaxis comes out and says something, we won't know for sure. kind of like the 2020 - 2400 endgame date.
                    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by yin26 on 05-17-2001 02:46 AM
                      For that matter, there may only be ONE civ at once and you just play Sim Civ.

Oh, now that you mentioned it, I hope they'll have a SimCiv scenario ;-)

I have a few times had games with the pure purpose of building an empire.
                      This way Sid can also utilize his new visdim from Sim Golf

Next something even less serious.
                      What if Firaxis had desided to have a gave with only seven civ's, but got scared of your reply and desided to take a small rethink? (Everything is possible )

Comment

HAHAHAH!

I just love it.

1)Firaxis doesn't know how many Civs they'll have in one game.
                        2)In prototype for previewers has 7 (or 8).
                        3)Previewers report 7 (or 8) Civs.
                        4)Some Apolytoners (you know who you are) go nuts.
                        5)Firaxis reports that it doesn't know how many Civs they'll have in one game.
                        6)Apolytoners claim success for getting Firaxis to change their minds.

ROFLOL!
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran really puts it in perspecitive... you guys really should wait for the word from Firaxis. After all, there is no use worrying over nothing!

------------------
                          "Third option, third option!"
                          Let's have civ bonuses that YOU control!
                          Lime roots and treachery!
                          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

I agree, we can debate all we want, but most concepts were decided months ago by Firaxis and are just being balanced now, they just haven't announced things yet, to keep our interest high.

I like debating on the topics, but I think at this point in the game development, most of our debates can come to nothing because too much work has been put into the game engine to change things too dramatically. For that reason, any debate that doesn't involve the most definitely necessary inclusion of The King, Elvis, in Civ3 is not worth getting into strong arguements over

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by SerapisIV on 05-18-2001 01:58 PM
                              For that reason, any debate that doesn't involve the most definitely necessary inclusion of The King, Elvis, in Civ3 is not worth getting into strong arguements over

Serapis, I don't remember if you should take the brown, the red or the yellow pill, but to stay safe I suggest you take one of each, and a spoon of syrup for better misure.
                              Come on, stop that Elvis crusade: just build temple, colosseum, church or J.S. Bach Chatedral and raise luxury, then let Elvis sleeping hidden into some old Civ 2 file.
                              "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                              - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Lets stay off the Elvis debate, that is happening in another thread!!! This thread is for debating on more than 7 civs!!!
                                "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
                                "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Working...
                                X