Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panag

hi ,

sounds great , but like in the real world there shall always be civ's that deal with countries that have an embargo upon them , how shall this be reflected then , .....

have a nice day
    That would need a better implementation of the whole rep hit thing so that AI civs that didn't comply would suffer some penalty so would be more likely to stick to agreed sanctions.

It is a nice idea but perhaps difficult to implement. It would be particularly interesting in MP.
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV

That would need a better implementation of the whole rep hit thing so that AI civs that didn't comply would suffer some penalty so would be more likely to stick to agreed sanctions.

It is a nice idea but perhaps difficult to implement. It would be particularly interesting in MP.
      hi ,

, it could be based on the same requirements as when a civ gets nuked and some other civ's declare war on the nuking civ , .....

have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV
        In the real world we have UN sanctions. How about giving the civ3 UN owner the power to hold a vote on sanctions against a civ. Lasts 20 turns and no-one is allowed to trade with that civ. Taking out their strategic resources would really be worthwhile then.
        Great idea. This would make the UN peacekeeping wich is the whole idea of the consept.

And giving some sort of penalty to the civs that stills trade with them seems like a reasonable way to keep the sanction effective.
        to get away from the world, I use my computer.
        to reach out to the world, I use the Internet.
        To play the world, I use Civ III

Comment

Working with what's available in the editor... I gave the UN city a trade bonus to reflect the increased prestige of the city, and it also reduces war weariness for the owning Civ (more tolerance for "peace keeping" operations). Now it's worth it to build the thing for something other than just stopping the vote.

Now go check out MOO3 and see the things they could have done.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

It's true about the sanctions thing. But in the real world, a lot of countries find ways around said sanctions. Look at Germany and France finding ways around the sanctions against Iraq.
            Whew! I'm back and ready to start writing again.
            Coming soon: Pax America Redux (Including concepts/civs from Conquests)

Comment

In SMAC we had the council, which allowed you to do all knids of fun things.

Too bad they couldn't salvage at least some of that and put it in the UN.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Yeah... having a Council to make decisions with would be pretty cool. But SMAC had the option of solar shades and such. An you couldn't do that in Civ3... unless you were doing it as a solution to GLobal Warming...
                But I see what you mean. You could decide on sanctions and stuff like that if you had the U.N.
                Whew! I'm back and ready to start writing again.
                Coming soon: Pax America Redux (Including concepts/civs from Conquests)

Comment

Working...
                X