• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by Roman on 02-23-2001 04:35 PM
    Where is the update?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!\

Roman, you're funny
    My guess is that the update will be posted when its posted. Let's just sit back, take a deep breath, and relax.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Jeje2 on 02-22-2001 10:12 AM
      Wanna subscribe the CivIII mailing list

I did subscribe before the last update, and I haven't got any mail from Firaxis, other than the confirmation of my subscription......
      Dan, I'm waiting.....

------------------
      Who am I? What am I? Do we need Civ? Well....
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by FIRAXIS on civ 3 site
        "Please note that this site is a preview site of a game in development. Everything you see on these pages is subject to change before the game is commercially available to the public.

Does this mean that they are likely to change stuff they write on the site if the response here is too bad?
        I hope so.
        Plus, where is the update, I am getting really tired of waiting.
        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

They say that everywhere, including toy advertisements-packaging, you know... I don't think it means anything spesific. Now that February's coming to an end, there's been nothing for almost a month and a half. Let's hope the amount of new info. will compensate for the wait.
          'We note that your primitive civil-^
          ization has not even discovered^
          $RPLC1. Do you care^
          to exchange knowledge with us?'^
          _'No, we do not need $RPLC1.'^
          _'OK, let's exchange knowledge.'

Comment

The Firaxis style is very simple:

Bombard you with stuff close to release (with basically little bitty stuff before that, as we see now), give great support for the first 2 or 3 weeks of the game, then let Quality Assurance (i.e., Jeff Morris) decide whether or not he wants to take any heat publically. If not, you won't see much of Firaxis people except for that "magical" few weeks after the release.

I suppose, though, if Civ3 ends of being gigantically successful (not just the gameplay but lack of bugs, etc.), you might have the lovey feeling lasting a few weeks longer...

Of course, many companies work that way as well. So if you guys are chomping at the bit now, I feel sorry for you in the weeks to come.
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Working...
            X