Simple way to make CIV more "real"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panag
    what would also make the game more real is unit selling or trading , it would be nice to supply a weak civ with state of the art equipment , sold with or without the technology and that your spy would tell you about it , ....
    Yes, that would be a great feature! That would make the "third world" more feasible... and maybe there could be a % chance that the unit-recieving civ could "extract" the technology needed to build the unit from the unit itself... this is also life like, and would make arms deals, currently hardly represented in the game, even more dangerous and intriguing...
    You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

HEY... if you want to talk political crap... do it in the OTF where it belongs... stay on topic, or get restricted.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
        HEY... if you want to talk political crap... do it in the OTF where it belongs... stay on topic, or get restricted.
        Who are you speaking to?

Comment

"Trading" Units

Originally posted by Yahweh Sabaoth

Yes, that would be a great feature! That would make the "third world" more feasible... and maybe there could be a % chance that the unit-recieving civ could "extract" the technology needed to build the unit from the unit itself... this is also life like, and would make arms deals, currently hardly represented in the game, even more dangerous and intriguing...
          Yes, in Sid Meier's Civilization II was this always a handy option. With Alliance you could give the AI much Tanks, and so. Too bad, it isn't anymore in CivIII.
          Yours,

LionQ.

Comment

Re: "Trading" Units

Originally posted by CivilopediaCity

Yes, in Sid Meier's Civilization II was this always a handy option. With Alliance you could give the AI much Tanks, and so. Too bad, it isn't anymore in CivIII.
            True, but without right of passage, why would you WANT to give your allies units?

Ah, but this is a "theological" debate...

Comment

Good question! It's just nice. I don't know. If he's technologycally backwards, you can give him better Units.
              Yours,

LionQ.

Comment

Lets try to stay on topic please....
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

know what else would be cool? How bout granting Base Rights or Leases, that could mean you could ally with a neighbor of a hostile power, set up your airbases (in PTW of course) and get ready for war. The AI civ would of course charge you a certain amount for it.

I dont have PTW so I'm not sure if a Right of Passage would make this possible. If airbases are treated like forts then this would not be a problem. But airbases should have a nationality, like colonies, until captured in war.

Another thing DOCKS. I think i said this in a previous post or in another thread. But I hate it when 1-square islands end up with a resource and I don't like making a city on it.
                  A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by raguil_79
                    know what else would be cool? How bout granting Base Rights or Leases, that could mean you could ally with a neighbor of a hostile power, set up your airbases (in PTW of course) and get ready for war. The AI civ would of course charge you a certain amount for it.

I dont have PTW so I'm not sure if a Right of Passage would make this possible. If airbases are treated like forts then this would not be a problem. But airbases should have a nationality, like colonies, until captured in war.

Another thing DOCKS. I think i said this in a previous post or in another thread. But I hate it when 1-square islands end up with a resource and I don't like making a city on it.
                    hi ,

, , why not have something like a type of forced posting of your troops in an other country as part of a peacedeal or so , ..... "peace deal and stationing of our troops for twenty turns" , ....

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

oh, occupation, great idea...

... nobody ever thought of that before?
                      I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

Right of Passage is pretty good, especially if airfields can be used... I disagree that airfields should have a nationality. I suppose they could, but that would make stationing American and British plans on an airfield in the Ottoman empire a little difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Yahweh Sabaoth
                          Right of Passage is pretty good, especially if airfields can be used... I disagree that airfields should have a nationality. I suppose they could, but that would make stationing American and British plans on an airfield in the Ottoman empire a little difficult.
                          hi ,

, it would intresting to have all airfields be "neutral" , .....

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

It would be GREAT if more than one Civ could - with the appropriate diplomatic agreement - occupy the same tile at the same time. This happens in real life; once again I point to the massing of American and British planes at Incirlik in Turkey as a good example.

Comment

Originally posted by swagled
                              (...)I'd say what culture flipping is really trying to emulate is immigration. People don't usually revolt in their own city to join another country. They usually just leave. It would probably be less obtrusive and "realistic" to have a game option for cities to simply "leak population" rather than flip.
                              Good point... and tourist to visit your monotments, which would be done in the dipomactil screen, which will alow Great/Minor WoWs like Dinsey World (/Land) & Six-flags!
                              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321
                                and tourist to visit your monotments, which would be done in the dipomactil screen, which will alow Great/Minor WoWs like Dinsey World (/Land) & Six-flags!
                                Ha ha ha, that's hilarious... DisneyWorld should DEFINITELY be a great wonder. I mean, the thing is - literally and legally - a city! A modern Shakespeare's Theatre maybe?

But as for culture flipped, let's not forget how Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania "flipped" from the Russian orbit to the Western... I think culture flipping is well-founded in reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X