No announcement yet.

Civ3 site is here!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I add a link from my site to the Civ3 site? (And the SMAC site too, if that is acceptable)
    *grumbles about work*

Comment

Great site, although I must say I was waiting for a little more info.

While you have pledged to enhance the combat system and wargame aspect of Civ 3, please remember to give peace a chance also...

Comment

Huray!! Well done Firaxis. Keep up the good work (and udate us on the economics system).
        Also please keep the variety of units like F15 and MIG29, don't just make an advanced fighter...
        Rome rules

Comment

It's obvious now the blue colour on each unit represents the colour of each civilization, what I wanted to say is, PLEASE allow to change the colour for any civilization (including your own)!

I remember games that gave you one colour, and it was fustrating being blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue every damn time

Comment

Have to agree 100% with Aredhran's post!

We have a nice looking web site and 3 (!) animated units to look at and it's already the strategy game of the millenium...

This gives me bad vibes... [CR thinks about the enthusiasm and hype before SMAC, ToT and CtP were released]

Carolus

[This message has been edited by Carolus Rex (edited January 11, 2001).]

Comment

I've been looking forward to the Page for months and now - it's wonderful.
              The units do look great and the animation (espiacally the warrior, I see, we all like this tiny little guy ) are similar to the Age of Empires - Graphics which is very good comparing to CtP...

Thanks, Firaxis

------------------
              Signature? Signature? What does Signature mean?
              Signature? Signature? What does Signature mean?

Comment

One phrase on the site sent me through cloud nine:

quote:

Originally posted on the Civ 3 website
                unique benefits depending on the Civilization you choose

Yes, finally, unique civilizations.

------------------
                - Biddles

"Now that our life-support systems are utilising the new Windows 2027 OS, we don't have to worry about anythi......."
                Mars Colonizer Mission
                - Biddles

"Now that our life-support systems are utilising the new Windows 2027 OS, we don't have to worry about anythi......."
                Mars Colonizer Mission

Comment

BOOOOO! No premade unique civs!
                  http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum6/HTML/001634.html
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

quote:

unique benefits depending on the Civilization you choose

Bad idea. This belongs in scenarios, not in the main game.

Let the civ's disadvantages/advantages be determined by user's strategies, not by picking orange instead of blue.

Comment

I agree with Steve Clark. Check other threads to see why.

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Something about the animation on the civ3 site: Have you got anything to say about how there can be a *running* infantry unit? Does this mean that there are profound changes in the [go] command of civ3? Otherwise, guys running from tile to tile would look very funny. Also, is there a under attack animation? You can't stand still as that guy with the axe butchers you up!
                        'We note that your primitive civil-^
                        ization has not even discovered^
                        $RPLC1. Do you care^
                        to exchange knowledge with us?'^
                        _'No, we do not need $RPLC1.'^
                        _'OK, let's exchange knowledge.'

Comment

Now these give me hopes about the release date of civ III:

quote:

We hope to launch a full-fledged product site in the spring/summer timeframe.

If the fully-fledged product site will be ready by summer, how much later can the actual release be? I stress again the word product. I'm not a fan of dinos, and I don't check the dino pages frequently, but something strikes me, and it's that although we civ IIIers believed that we had to wait for the dino game, some info. and graphics about Civ III have been released whereas the dino project stays silent. Can this be an indication that as the strategy gaming online poll showed, the great enthusiasm on the part of the Civ III release convinced the programming/retailing companies to focus on Civ III, and deliver it ASAP? (after it's perfected of course)
                          [This message has been edited by bagdar (edited January 13, 2001).]
                          'We note that your primitive civil-^
                          ization has not even discovered^
                          $RPLC1. Do you care^
                          to exchange knowledge with us?'^
                          _'No, we do not need $RPLC1.'^
                          _'OK, let's exchange knowledge.'

Comment

. It's kinda pathetic to see people drooling over the crumbs Firaxis throws us. OK the new unit graphics are cool but aside from that there are only a few paragraphs of new information.

Considering that they have been promising this web site for months I would have expected more.

Anyway I guess as long as the game is good, the web-site doesn't really matter.

Comment

Firaxis, any chance of a beta some time before the final release? I do appreciate it's probably too early to be asking...

Also:

quote:

It's obvious now the blue colour on each unit represents the colour of each civilization, what I wanted to say is, PLEASE allow to change the colour for any civilization (including your own)!
                              I remember games that gave you one colour, and it was fustrating being blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue every damn time
                              From ContradictioN.

I could not agree more. Surely it would be as easy as breathing (or there abouts) to implement this facility in the final game. At last, a chance to play in red...

------------------
                              Josef Given
                              josefgiven@hotmail.com
                              A fact, spinning alone through infospace. Without help, it could be lost forever, because only THIS can turn it into a News.

Comment

I AM ABSOLUTLY IN LOVE WITH THIS SITE

By the way bagdar a few posts earlyer you asked what units will look like when defending, to me it looks like there gona use the attack image for the deffend image (hey it worked for ctp2 the only problem was the rest of the game sucked)

p.s. does anyone know how often the cite will be updated

[This message has been edited by young newbie forever (edited January 13, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                                X