Civ3 site is here!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! The site looks pretty good.

Hey folks, I understand we want this game NOW but, PLEASE, let Firaxis take their time on this to create a good, QUALITY game. If you want to know the meaning of "disappointed", just visit the Call To Power II forums and read all the angry responses there.

Comment

Personally, I'm not pleased with what I see... I see a lot of fluff, and very little evidence of real improvements. This smells of a second Civ: CtP disaster...
      Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

Dom Pedro II: how can you say that? the site has just been put up. Wait till firaxis tells us more about the game before judging it. After all, the game is not even released yet and you are already slamming it?!

Personally, I expect civ3 to be fantastic!

------------------
        No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.
        'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
        G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

WOOHOO! WOOHOO! SIMPLY AMAZING!
          *grumbles about work*

Comment

You did a great job on the website, Dan! It definitely would make anyone want to see more of the game.

I was a bit lukewarm about the whole civ3 idea, but the website keeps the dream alive, and makes me sit in anticipation of a game that will be even greater than civ2 was.

------------------
            phoenixcager
            ------------------
            of the the Civilization Gaming Network. Visit the CGN Forums

Comment

The site looks great. Looking forward to more.

Question stemming from the FAQ:

quote:

The publisher, Hasbro Interactive, makes decisions regarding ports to other platforms. Since this is a major release, you'll most likely see ports to other platforms, but there are no commitments yet. We'll keep you posted.

quote:

Who's publishing the game?
              Hasbro Interactive will publish the game.

I thought Hasbro was no longer the publisher. Am I wrong or did Dan in all his haste make a mistake?

[This message has been edited by tniem (edited January 08, 2001).]
              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

I can't wait... I'm sick of Activision's crap. Sid, rescue us!

Comment

I think that is the old FAQ that was there since early last year, I don't think its been changed
                  "Why won't those stupid idiots let me their crappy club for jerks?"

Comment

Nice to see!! I've been playing CivII non-stop again, just as if I were playing it for the first time. It's 1:00am and I have to be at work in five hours!! I guess I'll need to take a week off when CivIII arrives. The website has caused more "sick days" I fear!!

Comment

On the Legacy page, with the screens of the first Civ, you can see the Aztecs land, I just wanted to say...I REMEMBER THAT MAP!! aww memories :*)

Infact, I think that land was a good one, because you could get your cities up to very powerful positions, anyone who got that land was sure to become a powerhouse!

Comment

It's nice to see things picking up speed, Dan, and I wish you success in dealing with the myriad challenges (um, headaches) awaiting you. The layout looks clean and effective.

Any plans for a forum?
                        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by tniem on 01-08-2001 11:13 PM
                          I thought Hasbro was no longer the publisher.
                          the publisher is Hasbro Interactive, which was recenlty sold by Hasbro to Infogrames

Comment

I just woke up from sleep, tired, since I'm sick, and what do I see?? Civ3 website is open!!!! HUUURRAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Guess I'm going to be sick some days further....

------------------
                            Who am I? What am I? Do we need Civ? Yes!!
                            birteaw@online.no
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Im not sure what to say. Im not overly eager after this, but im not negative either. But CTP2 will do just fine for the moment...

Comment

But there was still very little information offered... basically the only thing of significance was the few unit graphics - which I don't think is that important compared against gameplay.

I guess I've got to wait until spring/summer, then...

------------------
                                No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)
                                No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Working...
                                X