No announcement yet.

Destroy tile improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This the truth... and is not out of here (in fact is inside)
    Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
    religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba
      SMACx really did a good job of dealing with tile bombardment.

In fact, SMACx did a really good job with a lot of things that seemed to have been axed in CIII. I wonder what changed at Firaxis to make this so?
      Brian Reynolds was the lead designer on SMAC and guided a lot of the development with his own gaming philosophies. I'm guessing that a lot of the ideas in SMAC that he favoured were seen as less important for Civ3, e.g. Brian Reynolds always insisted on tanks never losing to phalanxes. When most of the Firaxis team left for BHG it certainly put back the game, possibly causing some of the "rushed problems" we see(get upset about) when they had to get the game out for a certain date. Definitely looking forward to BHG's first game "Rise Of Nations".

Comment

[/sarcasm]

Sorry

Comment

What's with the enemy territory movement restriction? I know they won't sell me tickets to their trains, but how do they keep me from using their roads? Mines? Roadblocks?

That's an idea, after researching, say, replaceaple parts, enemy movement in my (border?) territory would be seriously hampered, units even taking damage from minefields.
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Merely speculating here, but the presumtion is that any invader would encounter obstacles. Things would be placed in the way to slow them down, they would have to do some mine sweeping, even if no mines existed (they would not know that). They would not know their way around and have to check maps, which could be out of date, etc.

Comment

I like the movement restrictions, it makes sense. I mean, how do any transportation system cope with a couple of foreign panzer-armies wanting to buy tickets?
              Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Working...
              X