Destroy tile improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destroy tile improvements

Is there a way to destroy a tile improvement of your chioce? As is railroads go first, then mines/irrigation+ roads and at last fortresses. I would really like to remove those old fortresses when they no longer are needed. One thing is that they 'mess up' the screen but more importent, if I let them stay empty enemy troops may use them. I don't want that
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

AFAIK it is not possible. But it would be very useful to be able to select the improvement to be destroyed. I often want to destroy roads to an AI city in order to stop the benefit of luxuries collected by the capitol, hoping to make it culture flip to me. But for this I must destroy other improvements and rebuild them.
    Nym
    "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

god forbid something in civ2 make it over to 3
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

kind of funny.

you can tell your men to smash things. But they lack the intelligence to figure out what to smash.

Comment

It could have been worse I guess. Pillaging improvements now works as tile-bombardment with 100% chance of success with the exception that other units are not affected. Why not BTW? If they are too stupid to figure up what to destroy there have to be alot of accidents -> blowing up railroad packed with friendly units

Comment

It just like the Far Side cartoon, pillage the village, take whatever you want, but always stay out of Mrs. (I forget) flowerbed. I guess they had the railroad run through it but the enemy couldn't figure out how to get to it without steping into the flowerbed.

Comment

Oh how I miss this feature.
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I can't say I miss it much.

My main goal of pillaging is to deny resources via cutting rails and roads.

although sometimes I get in a war accross the see where I don't feel like sending troops. I had my battleships destroy every single improvement of 4 remaining zulu cities and they still wouldn't speak to me!. Damn zulus. I wanted to switch back to democracy so I finally just loaded up a transport and took their final remaining city.

Comment

I's no big deal but I still miss it.

If I want to remove that fortress I just pillage everything and rebuild what I need(all in one turn). In the late game I usually have too many captured workers who sits on their asses all day doing nothing anyway. Keeps at least some of them occupied...

Comment

SMACx really did a good job of dealing with tile bombardment.

In fact, SMACx did a really good job with a lot of things that seemed to have been axed in CIII. I wonder what changed at Firaxis to make this so?

Comment

Same company but what about the production teams? Were they the same?

*Edit* Removd a typo, added another
                      Last edited by bongo; October 25, 2002, 07:26.

Comment

Comment

Small things changed at Firaxis. You know, things like half the dev team leaving halfway thru production, including the lead designer.

Comment

Wow, if that is true then we should really be impressed that they managed to finish it, instead of complaining about minor(well, som major as well) things we miss or don't like

Comment

Originally posted by FrantzX
                              Small things changed at Firaxis. You know, things like half the dev team leaving halfway thru production, including the lead designer.
                              ...and including nearly everyone who worked on SMAC.
                              Seemingly Benign
                              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
                              X