A starting position to die for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A starting position to die for

Chinese, Monarch level, huge map, all random, all victory conditions allowed, no respawning, no cultural linking.

This could be a game of ultimate power if you play it right.

Have fun!
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Oops! The file got lost on the way. Something is wrong.
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

It looks quite mediocre at a first glance, but once you start exploring, you will make some nice discoveries. I was able to build most of the wonders.

To bad I can't give you a screenshot, as my copy of MS Paint was removed in a disk-space saving operation.

I still can't attach any file. I will try again later.

Comment

If you are posting a mod or a scenario you should do it in the creation forum. If the file too large it will not attach, you will have to email it in. Check the FAQ for more detailed info as I am unsure of the specifics (I host my own files.)

Comment

Files must be wthin 500K... and by your mentioning of MS Paint.... bmp files for screen shots will eat that 500K easily.

Try Jpeg or if your desperat... GIF.
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Doesn't work, try again I want to see..
            Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Finally - I had to open the autosave and save it again manually. The file shrunk from 1.8 Mb to 78 kb.
              Attached Files

Comment

I discovered that Adobe Photodeluxe also works for screenshots.

Here's the start:
                Attached Files

Comment

I won't give any spoilers now, but feel free to give your comments once you have tried the map.

Comment

Originally posted by Olaf HÃ¥rfagre
                    I discovered that Adobe Photodeluxe also works for screenshots.

Here's the start:

Pressing the Print Screen button works to.

As for the start... I didn't download the map, but from the looks of it, it's an ok start. I'm not that picky on a starting point. A few times I started a game in pure desert with no rivers.
                    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Not sure why I would die for this? Plains? No gody hut, no lux? Those could and have been in city boundaries.

Comment

Not to mention no hills, you've got to have hills! All I have to say is big woop. And trees on plains, thats just a waist of time for your workers.

Comment

I assume he means that the surrounding terrain is very good, not the exact starting position. Still, building a city on that spot will give you access, in 10 turns, to 12 tiles we can't even see now. Maybe they're incredible, but I'm guessing that's unlikely.

Darn it, I'm curious now. I may have to play this thing for a while, just to see what's supposed to be so great about it.
                          "God is dead." - Nietzsche
                          "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

SPOILER WARNING

Well, as I said, it looks quite mediocre at a first glance. Still the capital is on a river and has a lux within the borders (which you can't see on the screenshot). The first ring of cities will all have plenty of cattle, wheat, game and rivers, which is the reason I call it great.

I was able to build most of the wonders without leaders and pumped out pikemen at a rate of 1 per turn in the best city during the golden age.

Comment

Re: SPOILER WARNING

Originally posted by Olaf HÃ¥rfagre
                              The first ring of cities will all have plenty of cattle, wheat, game and rivers, which is the reason I call it great.
                              How about posting a screenshot of the capitol 4 turns later.

Comment

Working...
                              X