No announcement yet.

f-15 golden era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps Americans are supposed to get a Golden Age by voting for the various available George Bushes.

Maybe thats Lead Age I am thinking of.

Comment

i play america most of the time ( commercial and expansionist in my game) and can trigger a golden age every time.
      if nobody will attack me with aircraft i load up a carrier or 2 with f-15 and go looking for an advanced civ to pick a fight.
      i have never gone a whole game as america without triggering a golden age, but the korean civ wont be as easy

Comment

i've never actualy seen the screen that tells you the votes and crap, could sombody post one please?
        Help negate the vegiterian movement!
        For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Vondrack has it right. That F-15 has to shoot down an enemy aircraft. In my last game I won with the space ship as America during my golden age. So that late golden age is helpful and realistic. But trying to trigger it can be a pain. I attacked the Iroqs who only had 5 bombers and after taking 2 of their cities they only had 3 left. Fortunately, they did try a bombing run the next turn and my Eagles intercepted them. I guess its appropriate as much of the mystique of US military power comes from US air power, especially air to air capability.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethelred
            Perhaps Americans are supposed to get a Golden Age by voting for the various available George Bushes.
            No, that starts a dark age.

Comment

well, i suppose if you have F-15's, and your opponents dont have flight, you dont need the golden age that badly
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Carver

No, that starts a dark age.
                Ninot just changed his avatar. It was Dubya yesterday. I made that remark especially for him and now he has made it irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethelred

Ninot just changed his avatar. It was Dubya yesterday. I made that remark especially for him and now he has made it irrelevant.
                  sorry, i was tired of Dub-yah, and felt this one more appropriate for the week.
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

why?
                    Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                    For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Originally posted by HazieDaVampire
                      why?
                      Check your calendar.

Comment

I got a late Golden Age as the Americans by using a Great Leader to build the Hoover Dam. My Expansionist wonder was Magellan's Voyage, also constructed by a GL if I recall correctly.

I haven't finished the game yet. My monitor died, and I'm currently using an old one; I want to get a new one so I can see the Modern Age graphics and such in all their glory. It's by far the farthest I have played in any game; I haven't won one yet (because the early game is "more fun"). Which leads me to some questions.

When you win the game, does it let you go on and win the other victories as well? Is that the case for all of the victories, or just some of them? Will I still see the movie for the Space Race if I win another victory first? If you go on playing, can the AI win too? And if you lose by something other than conquest, do you have the option of continuing then as well? etc.

By the way, it should be easy for me to meet several victory conditions before anyone else, due to the increased research capacity granted by my GA and the production boost granted by the Hoover Dam. My empire is huge (Communist government, playing on Huge map). I have most of the important wonders and should capture two more from the Aztecs soon enough. I'm the tech leader and have all available technologies, and am in the late Industrial Age.
                        "God is dead." - Nietzsche
                        "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

John,

If you win via the SS launch, you will see the movie plus all the usual end-game stuff and then get a possibility to either quit playing or continue. However, you can't achieve any more victories - the game goes into sort of a sandbox mode, if you choose to continue. No more scoring, no more victories, no way to lose... just playing until you feel like having enough... I have always felt like having enough at the very moment my spaceship launched...

EDIT: the same goes for other victory types. You go through the regular end-game sequence and are then offered the choice to either quit or continue playing. But you can't win the game twice... no SS movie, if you win with conquest/culture/diplo/domination first.
                          Last edited by vondrack; September 8, 2002, 17:11.

Comment

Too bad. I would like to be able to have multiple victories. It could certainly make the game more interesting, especially for multiplayer: "How many of these 6 objectives can you achieve before anyone else?"
                            "God is dead." - Nietzsche
                            "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

Originally posted by reefer addict
                              i play america most of the time ( commercial and expansionist in my game) and can trigger a golden age every time.
                              if nobody will attack me with aircraft i load up a carrier or 2 with f-15 and go looking for an advanced civ to pick a fight.
                              does this explain post-war US foreign policy? They've been trying to trigger a golden age?
                              Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

Comment

Some cheating for everyone who got curious on that spacerace-movie put doesn't want to finsih the game first:
                                go to civ3dir\art\movies , rename intro.bik to something else and race.bik to intro.bik
                                Start the game and enjoy.
                                Don't forget to undo these changes afterwards!

edit:
                                There is also a video security_briefing.bik you can view the same way (don't know if this one shows up during the game).

Comment

Working...
                                X