f-15 golden era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carver
    Vondrack has it right. That F-15 has to shoot down an enemy aircraft. In my last game I won with the space ship as America during my golden age. So that late golden age is helpful and realistic. But trying to trigger it can be a pain. I attacked the Iroqs who only had 5 bombers and after taking 2 of their cities they only had 3 left. Fortunately, they did try a bombing run the next turn and my Eagles intercepted them. I guess its appropriate as much of the mystique of US military power comes from US air power, especially air to air capability.

If any of you bother to look, you will note that Tuberski\ was right on page one.

Thank you.

(It was a an assumption.)
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

As far as I can tell, the UU can only achieve a GA if it kills another unit. Bombard units can do it if given lethal bombardment (they can also generate leaders this way, though there is no easy way to tell the unit's rank unless you give it at least 1 defense [thus giving it HP]). Sooo, if the upcoming Hwatcha (sp?) is given lethal bombard, it can generate a GA this way, I would imagine.
      Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

I've got my bombard set to lethal for all such things, and thye do increase in rank. Does the rank have any effect on their bombarding abilities?
        Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

Comment

None that I can tell. But when they do generate a leader, renaming them the "Paris Gun" or "Big Bertha" after the German massive City-Guns of the World Wars is pretty neat though.
          Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

Don't forget Saddam's Supergun... it could have reached Israel and/or launched satelites...if it had been finished.

Comment

You mean the one Bull designed, before he was terminated?

Comment

oooohhhhhh, Friday the 13th, didn't know that, hehe, my friend is flying on an Airplane back from Florida on Friday. Haha!
                Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

He meant September 11, not Friday the 13th.
                  "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

He mentioned Friday specifically.

Comment

Working...
                    X