No announcement yet.

1.29 chat : the most interesting info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the units AI are either set permanently to offensive or defensive status... they can't switch back and forth had to do with the AI upgrading units.

If I am correct, as the AI builds units they are built for a role on a unit by unit basis. So when it builds 10 Riflemen, 8 may be for defensive use and 2 for offensive. When they upgrade in 1.21, the unit can switch from defensive to offensive. That can result in the AI being swamped with 'offensive' foot units and not building fast units.

With 1.29, that role is frozen when the unit is built. Thus we should see more AI cav and tanks.

Someone who knows better may correct me if I have got this wrong.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

BTW. If I am correct, this would be a very good reason to not let sword and long bow upgrade to infantry in mods. Again, the AI could end up swamped with slow offensive forces.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
        BTW. If I am correct, this would be a very good reason to not let sword and long bow upgrade to infantry in mods. Again, the AI could end up swamped with slow offensive forces.
        No! I hate those things remaining on the menu when you have tanks and bombers!

But if what you said is true... has anyone played a full regular game yet? I hope the AI is building more offensive units!
        "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

Of course, if you don't allow them to upgrade to Marines or some such, the AI my end up with a bunch of useless foot sloggers. I thought of that later.

Does anyone know if the AI disbands some older units as it can build newer ones?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)

Comment

Let's see, Swords upgrade to Assault Infantry, Assault Infantry upgrade to Tanks.
            Longbows upgrade to ..., uh, (well, you get the idea) ....

Now all someone has to do is make up the stats and graphics for the Assualt Infantry, ....

Comment

Ehh, but in my MOD attack of rifle is 5 and attack of Infantry is 8.

So they can be used in attack.

Comment

Sorry I couldn't make this one guys, I had to work. You know if I was there I would have squeezed some spicy tidbits out of them.
                http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Re: 1.29 chat : the most interesting info

Originally posted by Spiffor

. . .- missed naval bombardments will show in PtW : water spouts

. . . - There are no plans to change expansionist traits

. . .- The AI is more willing to build factories and alike

. . .-This will change the tech race drastically. . .
                  Oh, goody. Graphic waterspouts.

Settler Diarrhea - the crazy flood of AI settlers flooding our territory and encroaching our borders - will continue.

Oh, the AI now will have to build factories to get factory-level production instead of CHEATING and getting that production WITHOUT the factories? Great. Now let's end all the other AI cheats, too.

Tech race? How about ending the AI cheating there, also.

And Firaxis remains determined to force that idiotic Culture Flipping on us, but do nothing about allowing privateers and subs to attack trade routes; or even do something as simple as allow us to sort city names alphabetically, or give bombers a range greater than '8'

Nor will they give us back a Cheat Mode as was in Civ 2, or whatever to allow us to switch sides, control accelerated startups, and do other things to minimize tedium and have FUN.

How about doing something about the AI that gangs up on the human with little tricks such as sacrificing one smaller civ to attack the human and basically committ suicide to help the other AI civs catch up? Reputation is another fraud; I am tired of being blamed forever for stuff I never did.

Firaxis' obstinate obsession with Culture Flipping has become a truly bizarre fixation. The concept is bad enough, but it is implemented in ways that are stupid and profoundly irritating.

You guys have a ways to go before you get my thirty bucks for PTW.

Comment

My favourites are :
                    - The military advisor now assess strentgh the same way the AI does - by relative strengths and weaknesses of individual units.
                    - Medieval infantry's adm are constantly tweaked, but are 4/2/1 for now.
                    - missed naval bombardments will show in PtW : water spouts
                    - Added existing deals to the foreign advisor screens, which saves a lot of unnecessary communicating..
                    - PtW will feature rally points ala Starcraft
                    - There are no plans to change expansionist traits
                    - The corruption modofier of commercial trait affects shields as well as commerce
                    - FP doubles the # of optimal cities under communism

AI tweaks :
                    - The AI values techs higher, so there would be less trading
                    - The AI will go build UN and Spaceship more agressively
                    - The AI is more willing to build factories and alike
                    Spiffor,

Are these all in 1.29f or are some of these planned implementations for PTW?

Comment

- FP doubles the # of optimal cities under communism
                      Is this really already included in the patch? In the new editor, there's no government flag for 'FP doubles the no. of optimal cities'. On second thought, this could be a side effect of 'communal' corruption (and thus, only for communism in the standard game version).

This should make communism far more worthwile, at least for war-mongers.
                      "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Re: Re: 1.29 chat : the most interesting info

Originally posted by Coracle

Tech race? How about ending the AI cheating there, also.
                        Hey, that cheaping is over.
                        What your read the thread?

No sides cheats anymore in tech researsh.

Now, I don't know about tech trade itself, but AI itself would need same amount of research points to get desired tech on ALL diffculties levels.

Comment

Does anyone have a full log of the chat?

I would really like to read it all, if possible.
                          Double Your Pleasure mod | DYP Forums | DYP Mod thread

Comment

Me too.

Comment

tech race

what are ai to ai trade rates now? do i still have to tweak with the files if i want to prevent them trading like crazy when playing with 12 civs on standard map?

Comment

Re: tech race

Originally posted by LaRusso
                                what are ai to ai trade rates now? do i still have to tweak with the files if i want to prevent them trading like crazy when playing with 12 civs on standard map?
                                Tech trade rate is same as before, but AI now has no bonus on research on higher diffcult levels (nor panlaity on lower level), and thus makes tech more valuable for trade, which DIMINISHES number of AIvsAI tech. trades.

So, tech trading will be more bareable then before.

Comment

Working...
                                X