No announcement yet.

Bug/Xploit Infinite city cize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm I thought you could only add workers to cities below a certain size. I guess maybe that rule should be brought back. Maybe you shouldnt be able to add more than what can be supported.
    "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras
      Hmm I thought you could only add workers to cities below a certain size. I guess maybe that rule should be brought back. Maybe you shouldnt be able to add more than what can be supported.
      That seems like the best, quickest, easiest, solution that Firaxis can do. The question is, were to cap it?

I'd say a 100. Just to rule out those who like to plant a city with nothing but floodplains around, and to keep them happy.
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I think the most an ultimate city can support is 61. The odds of getting this city are real close to zero.
        Seemingly Benign
        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Well, my suggestion would be not to allow workers or settlers to join a city if it runs at a food deficit. This is more logical than an arbitrary cap.
          A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
          Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

is it not to a certain limit a reflection of the real world
            people come to a city then they go away or die

Comment

Originally posted by Ribannah
              Well, my suggestion would be not to allow workers or settlers to join a city if it runs at a food deficit. This is more logical than an arbitrary cap.
              That's okay, but I have to recall a couple of games were this would hurt. A few times, a city is food deficit because the population can't support it, not enought food being produced. Once in a while, adding a settler to increased the population, giving access to additional food tiles, and making the pop stable.

Granted, this doesn't happened very often, but it's a saver.
              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Thrawn,

If the city can be configured to support itself, then do so before joining. If it can't, then no joining. Or am I missing something?

I think Ribannah's suggestion is the best 'error trap' mentioned.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                  Thrawn,

If the city can be configured to support itself, then do so before joining. If it can't, then no joining. Or am I missing something?

I think Ribannah's suggestion is the best 'error trap' mentioned.
                  If a city is already configure to accept all food and no shields, but you see there are a couple of tiles that can produce some more food. Then I would put a settler or worker in to make it stable. Not often you see this, but I've had it happened.
                  Last edited by Thrawn05; June 30, 2002, 15:07.

Comment

What about the times when a cities food surplus is zero, and you still have plenty of food around.
                    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                    Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
                      There is bound to be someone who will exploit this in PTW MP games. So I suggest if firaxis doesn't find a fix for this, constantly spy on your neighbor.
                      Hehe, if someone tries this in MP they will be whipped... a fine waste of population, only useful for score purposes I say, no use in MP.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFell

Hehe, if someone tries this in MP they will be whipped... a fine waste of population, only useful for score purposes I say, no use in MP.
                        Only if you play turtle style, and wait for a histograph win.

Comment

hi

it would be a waste to use your workers and settlers , ....

but if they fix this in MP , how will they do it , put a max number on it , so that you can not go behind a certain size , ......

some people are going to make scenario's where its possible to have a city on a 21 tile floodplain that grows wheat , ......

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                          X