Bug/Xploit Infinite city cize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug/Xploit Infinite city cize

Ok, I don´t know if someone already reported that, but there´s a way of having huge cities without food. The point is, that if a city has 90 pop. points and only 4 food, it will drop to 89. All you have to do is to send a worker join the city. I´ve made some testings and build 6 size cities who could produce 1 worker/turn, so with the help of a 6 city you can found a supercity on a place full of mountains, and forget about food. I tested it on the last patch and it worked well. Just a little boring though.

Re: Bug/Xploit Infinite city cize

Originally posted by Odd
    Ok, I don´t know if someone already reported that, but there´s a way of having huge cities without food. The point is, that if a city has 90 pop. points and only 4 food, it will drop to 89. All you have to do is to send a worker join the city. I´ve made some testings and build 6 size cities who could produce 1 worker/turn, so with the help of a 6 city you can found a supercity on a place full of mountains, and forget about food. I tested it on the last patch and it worked well. Just a little boring though.
    I think I've seen this already. Towards the end game, when Workers and excess settlers are of no use. Some peopl have put then all in one city. I think I've seen a city size of over a 100 with this methed. I don't do it. I rather keep my workers, just in case.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

But, why would you do this?
      Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Why, for a higher score, of course. Besides, these "workers", can be used to artificially inflate your treasury or research. I say artificially because it is possible to get cities up to populations that your entire empire can't feed if it had to.
        Seemingly Benign
        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Well, if you really want a high score. Ugh, what a waste of time, IMO.

Comment

Score is averaged over the course of the game. Boosting a city to size 100 just before the end would have almost no effect on your score.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Well, there are competitions for score currently and MP is coming. Exploits are being posted so that Firaxis is aware of them and will hopefully fix them.
              Seemingly Benign

Comment

You don't have to do this on just the last few turns, in fact, the sooner the better. I saw a posting where someone (with waaaaay too much time on his hands) had a city with thousands of population in the early modern age. That will raise your score significantly. I believe he said his final score was 60K+ points.
                Seemingly Benign

Comment

It also should be mentioned that often your workers are of different nationalities, so these artificially grown cities will be subject to "culture flipping".
                  Aside- I thought you could not add workers to cities to grow beyond their 6 (aquaduct) or 12 (hospital) limits?

Comment

This can be taken to extremes, and can have a very big impact on score. Check out Bamspeedy's thread over on CivFanatics.

Comment

Holy mother of Civ! That's insane!

Ok, sure, it's an exploit... but seriously, who in their right mind would do that (other than to simply show it can be done, as Bamspeedy did)? I think this falls under the category of "fix it if you have time, but don't let it get in the way of important things."

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

It's not important to fix, just to understand (and disallow) for competitions based on score.

Comment

There is bound to be someone who will exploit this in PTW MP games. So I suggest if firaxis doesn't find a fix for this, constantly spy on your neighbor.
                          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Sounds like such contrived artificial trickery is merely making a mockery of an already flawed game.

Comment

I have to agree with Thrawn on this. Someone will try to exploit this in MP if it isn't closed off by then.
                              Seemingly Benign

Comment

Working...
                              X