What would make you use a nuke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

President - "baaahhhh, nothings happening"
    General - "Sir, you can stop panning the button now, we know the nukes work"
    President - "NUKES? i wanted coffee!"

lol
    Help negate the vegiterian movement!
    For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

I will nuke the enemy in case of worrying about a Space Race. I might consider nuking if the war is too tough. And I might nuke if they just tick me off. And I will nuke if I get nuked.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Does the AI ever nuke first? I'd realy like to see a civ acting like Cuba, realy tick everybody off and make a crisis

Comment

Yes, it does. One game, I declared war on Germany, and my Military Advisor told they have one ICBM (didn't have one two turns before!). The next turn one of my cities got nuked... in retaliation, nukes at three major cities of Germany were launched, and I conquered them.

Comment

Originally posted by HazieDaVampire
            Does the AI ever nuke first? I'd realy like to see a civ acting like Cuba, realy tick everybody off and make a crisis
            yes, but i have yet to see a "pacifist" civ nuke me first (pacifist civs in book are babylon and the crew). civs like Germany are trigger happy with those nukes.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Uber, if you piss them off at you, they will nuke, no matter what civ.

Comment

hi ,

most people play with mods , and a carrier holds about 12 , a nuclear sub about 8 , ..........so sometimes the AI use complete carrier groups , and uses 4-8 transports , ......no problem , ....

a tactical nuke shall do it , ..........with a range of 8 , ..........

a nuke is also a great tool to change the terrain , ..........

and to make your point that you have them and will use them , find a spot , out of a civ , and just let the icbm go , ..........

have a nice day
                - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I never use nukes. Most of the time, I don't get that far.

However, while I'm going for a Space Race victory, I'll build up my ICBM arsenal and unload them on the capitals and major cities of EVERY other civ one turn before I finish the last component of the ship. Just for the hell of it.

Though I guess that if I'm that far in the game, have no interest in conquest and another civ declares war, I'll nuke their capital so as to discourage any further incursions. If that doesn't work, I'll nuke a major city every turn until they are prepared to offer terms of peace.
                  "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                  "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                  "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

"How immoral"

I have never used a nuke and I never will.

(They'll never believe that, sir)

OK...

Maybe one or two

(Go on)

...one or two hundred in one turn against every other city in the whole world(one on each)

"and how did that make you feel ?"

Like a real big-shot

"Like a real man?"

Yeah, like a real tough guy, apart from when all my folks starved to death as their farms turned rapidly into deserts.

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

i had no idea that the AI acts like that, it realy learns to be fearful of you?

Comment

I just nuke civs that piss me off. Yeah I know it´s irrational, but it gives me satisfaction for the moment.
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by HazieDaVampire
                          i had no idea that the AI acts like that, it realy learns to be fearful of you?
                          yes. it's quite annoying actully. at least it's not like civ2 where they say "Your betrayl of the Japanese is ledgendary" or what have you.
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Explain

Comment

Ah, nukes. When you absolutely just have to kill every other ****in' civ in the world. Heh, but as to a proper use, its really just a weapon of conquest against non-nuclear civs. Unless of course you haven't reached SDI yet, then just build up enough ICBMS to hit every city, no worrys about retaliation. Great method of knocking down rivals.

And yes, the AI does learn to be fearful. In one game where the Japanese were stronger then me and attacked me early on, I retaliated and destroyed about 4 small citys, captured one of the major citys, and was on my way to there capitol, they quickly signed a peace treaty and eventually the major city I had captured culture flipped back to them, and they rebuilt some of the citys they lost. All throughout the game even when they had a force that could at least contend with me they left me alone, and thats with being "furious" for thousands of years. Any show of military power and capturing citys does seem to have an effect on the AI civs, at least the one whom you took the citys from anyway.
                              "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

sweet, but in my current game i'm doing fine with owning half the world. The only wars started were by me when i tryed to invade the other continent! They seem to wait for their turn to be attacked, instead of joining together and then attacking me. They realy should work it out when another civ has a list of civs and is picking them off 1 by 1 and try to join together.

Comment

Working...
                                X