What would make you use a nuke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would make you use a nuke

What kind of scenario would make you think about using a nuke before sending troops in?

and do most of yous try to make a large compliment of them just incase you get attacked and are nearly killed so you get to dorp a load of explosiveso n their homeland before you die.
    Help negate the vegiterian movement!
    For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

a couple too many MGD's .........hahahahahahahahahhaha

in my first game I used them to eliminate India from the Space Race.
    in my second game I used them because it was so much fun in the first game . but both games were past the 2050 limit , so it didnt really matter .
    I build many nukes , mostly as a deterrent . never had to use them to save my own skin though .
    You cant have any pudding if you dont eat your meat !

Comment

Re: What would make you use a nuke

Originally posted by HazieDaVampire
      What kind of scenario would make you think about using a nuke before sending troops in?
      The sheer pleasure of having one on-hand.
      You're a man- you can be replaced.

Comment

I usualy throw about one or two to each enemy city when I want to attack them.

I don't use them all up. If I find that I'm going to realy lose, and die, I go with bang if you know what I mean.
        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

If its that close that I might die, I would never be investing shields in nukes.

That said, nuking a weaker enemy so their entire land is irradiated is very satisfying
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: What would make you use a nuke

what causes me to use a nuclear weapon?

an enemy civ in range of one.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmm ICMBS

i nuke people quite happily after i win. and i do it because i'm ticked off at their greedy trade prices.
              By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

The only scenario in which I would use nukes is if the Space Race was really close. In the modern age, I don't like ferrying tons of units into enemy territory to conquer their capital (especially under representative governments due to war weariness). A quick nuke or two and a nice strike force is usually enough to ensure I get to space first.

Even then, I probably woudl only use nukes if I was sure the other civs couldn't retaliate as aptly as I attacked. I played one game where I let fall two nukes on Paris, just for the heck of it (my score was no longer being recorded). The next turn the Americans and the French dropped around 15 nukes on all my major cities. It was quite a sight. So now I'm perfectly happy to let the modern age become a Cold War. Pretty realistic, actually.

Dominae
                And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

i love nukes now since civ3 has a very low global warming problem.

its nice to take over a civ in just one turn while seeing 160 wrecked armored vehicles.

(but of course to get to that point you had to keeo the enemy civ on artificial respiration just so you could have the fun.)

Comment

What would make me use nukes? A source of uranium.

Comment

What would make me use nukes? Not a whole lot. Exceedingly ugly enemy leaders is often enough.
                      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

All the above silly answers - and the lack of a Quick Response option to a First Strike - are why I turned the Manhattan Project into a trade-producing Internet Wonder.

Comment

I build a lot of them. I only use them if either:

A. The AI has used them first. After the AI uses them, the rep cost goes waaay down.

B. I just HAVE to stop AI X from building a space ship or doing something else related to ultimate victory.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I build one for each of my cities. I only nuke someone if they've really pissed me off. Not worth cleanup+diplo repercussions
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

check this out!
                              Attached Files
                              Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                              For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Working...
                              X