What do you think about carriers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notyoueither
    Hmmm. I've changed my mind a bit about air ranges. I think it is an absolute must for ships to be able to get out of the range of stationary airbases with a single turns movement. Fleets need to be able to disengage. Especailly with lethal bombardment.

With ships moving all terrain as roads, that is accomplished and things are 'balanced' by giving BB 3 or 4 movement and Blitz.
    What is BB?

Maybe need further range for recon than for bomber missions. I have no problem with bomber missions being 8 tiles, but do with recon limited to 8 tiles.

Have not tried all terrain as roads. What exactly does this do? How does Blitz effect
    ships/aircraft?

Comment

BB is the standard acronym for a Battleship.

Treat all terrain as road simply makes units able to move a lot further, but helps balance and restrict some other things that might interfere with gameplay.

Comment

It looks like I am not the only one who thinks 4 is not enough. Currently 53% want it to be more against 20,41% to let it be the same.

I think Cracker has a good point. If you want all those functions done, you would need at least 6 units. I think 8 units would do the trick for me. In my next game I will change this in the editor!
        Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
        If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
        "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

Originally posted by campmajor!
          It looks like I am not the only one who thinks 4 is not enough. Currently 53% want it to be more against 20,41% to let it be the same.

I think Cracker has a good point. If you want all those functions done, you would need at least 6 units. I think 8 units would do the trick for me. In my next game I will change this in the editor!
          hi ,

what about putting the cost of the carrier higher and put 10-12 units on it , ........this way when half-way around the globe , a carrier can let its units bomb the zap out of the enemy , ......

like in the real world , .......

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
          X