Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALPHA WOLF 64

At least someone read my thread.
    Um yeah , I didnt think that France and England were 300 miles away from each other

I had no clue that one tile was 10 miles in each direction , that adds a different perception to the game.

Comment

Ya know... I would have thought that a civver and scenario builder of the prestige of Captain Nemo would have managed to influence the Firaxis programmers, but it appears not. I remember when Civ3 was still in the works, Captain Nemo put a big long list detailing what he'd like to see in Civ3, and just about none of it was actually carried out. In that list was a request for several tile improvements that didn't necessarily have a function, but could be assigned one by a modder. That would have been nice because then we could make canals and things like that. Of course, the programmers would have to give us a "canal" option, but I suppose it doesn't matter cuz they didn't give us any of it.
      Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

If any of you come across any beta version of Civ III you can find that you can build a grand canal small wonder that was removed in later versions.
        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

A) Where do you get a beta?

and B) what did this "Grand Canal" wonder do?
          Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

I actually don't know where you would get one, all I know is that they frequently talked about it in previews of the game. :P
            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr
              Originally posted by Mannamagnus
              ...one square is several hundred miles wide...

Actually a Civ III square is 10 miles wide. 100 miles in square.
              On a world sized 100x100 the width of a square (measured around the equator) would be 40.000/100=400km give or take a few.

However, to me that's not relevant I still want the ability to bridge narrows between islands and/or continents.
              Somebody told me I should get a signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannamagnus

On a world sized 100x100 the width of a square (measured around the equator) would be 40.000/100=400km give or take a few.

However, to me that's not relevant I still want the ability to bridge narrows between islands and/or continents.
                I'm not sure if the tile size changes by map size , but on the map I was playing on, according to f11, my city of size 9 tiles, was 900 sq miles, therefore each tile is only 100 square miles. Smaller map = smaller world

Comment

Working...
                X