Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still no solution to spearman vs tank problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SpencerH
    Sure we can suspend disbelief. But for me the game will be better when there are some appropriate graphics that can be used in place of a guy with a longbow.
    Longbows (or at least, bows) were used by American Special Forces units in Southeast Asia during World War 2 as ambush weapons. No noise, no flash... and lighter to carry. So, when your tanks are attacked by longbowmen, just think of guys in camo picking off your forces from treetops and thickets. Especially if you're playing the Japanese.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• Originally posted by PGM

Combat can't always go your way. Stupidity, caos and the unexpected are an integrant part of war. Many battles in History were lost due to these aspects.
      BTW, I've played well over 100 combats involving Modern Armors and Spearman/Pikemen and can't recall losing a single unit. But I've lost a Tank to a Spearman, and I liked it.
      few truer words have been spoken

please stop this discussion
      seen it, been there, done that
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Never seen it . Not once. Not one single time. Seems to have taken on mythical status. Non-issue. Even if it did, do you think the armies with the tanks always win in real life? Answer-NO!
        I'd rather have a German division in front of me than a French division behind me.--Patton

Comment

• Originally posted by PatLasch
          The worst that I've ever had was a musketeer fortified in a city defeated by a regular warrior. That darn warrior razed my city too.
          Must have been Rambo

Comment

• Originally posted by LoneWolf
            Never seen it . Not once. Not one single time. Seems to have taken on mythical status. Non-issue. Even if it did, do you think the armies with the tanks always win in real life? Answer-NO!
            Don't get me wrong tanks do lose battles but
            never,never to spearmen come on its not like they could penetrate its armour.
            the driver might just have fun running them over.
            Denday

Comment

• Originally posted by player1

I guess we'll need to wait for Civ4 then.

But how long will that take
              (sniff)
              Denday

Comment

Working...
              X