Do you tend to help weak civs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*****COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC ********************

LordAzreal, you have the coolest quote ever...

What is with all this 'bananas' crap. What point am I missing here? Could someone please clarify what this obsession with bananas on the Apolyton forums is all about?
    Bananas...
    [MONKEY VOICE: agrivated]oo oo oo ah ah AH AHHH!!HA AAAAAHA H!!!!AHA!HAHAH!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHAAAAAAAA!!![/MONKEY VOICE]

*****ON TOPIC*********************************

This game has a much richer diplomatic model than Civ2. You can actually make and keep allies (try THAT in Civ2). You can be pissed at someone WITHOUT being at war with them!!! You can NOT BE AT WAR WITH SOMEONE!!!
    I use this to my advantage. Obviously, giving a little civ some stuff to throw stones at an enemy is good. I try to think long term as well. Sure, the Egyptians are a medium sized non-threat. But if I let the Indians starve, they will be swallowed and then the Egyptians are that much stronger.

Most games so far have been me making relatively small conquests. I won't touch the other side of the world, but I'll make sure there's a balance of power there.
    "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

i tend to give techs and sometimes resources to all civs to create client states that i trade newly discovered techs for ones they have that i dont. then i kill 'em...lol

Comment

Problem I have is that I don't know when the computer will decide it doesn't like me and attack me with a smile on its face.

Even when I donate things they sometimes attack without provocation. Of course someone else probably ends up paying them off or something. I don't knowl.
        Yours in gaming,
        ~Luc

Comment

The problem with weak civs is that there just as arrogant as any other civ. If they'd be more polite, I'd help them out. Now I know that they're trying to rid themselves of the poor position that they have and when they succeed they will attack.

Sometimes I liked a civ and decided to give back some land I conquerored of them recently in a war they started, but they were not more gracious at all.

I think Firaxis should do something about it. It would be really cool to have vassal states who do exactly as you tell them, but don't have the corruption problems of an oversized empire.

Comment

Don't listen to drunk cows.

Banana is the pass word. He just doesn't want you to know.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I tend to take over weak civs just in increase the power of my own empire, however, if they have nothing to offer me, and are located far away, I do help them.

It's really a matter of circumstances.
              Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
              "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

Working...
              X