Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gramphos

But you won't need any offensive units.
    Of course you do. Just because you're not in the habit of battling every civ in your vicinity every chance you get doesn't mean you don't need offensive units. You have to be prepared in the event that someone declares war on you. "The best defence is a good offence." I try to make sure that my military is at least average compared to the others, if not stronger. You have to do this or the other civs will start to pick on you. But that doesn't mean I have to use them at the slightest provocation.

Comment

Huts defenitely needed improving, warriors and maybe one settler per game was not enough. I used to base much of my civ2 duel strategy on getting all the huts and boxing my opponent in, But now the best units I could get would be warriors? Useless for anything apart from exploring. I hope they keep this (including the armies from huts) the way it is, and don't 'fix' it back to how it used to be. It would be nice to get a good offensive unit from a hut.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
        Of course you do. Just because you're not in the habit of battling every civ in your vicinity every chance you get doesn't mean you don't need offensive units. You have to be prepared in the event that someone declares war on you. "The best defence is a good offence." I try to make sure that my military is at least average compared to the others, if not stronger. You have to do this or the other civs will start to pick on you. But that doesn't mean I have to use them at the slightest provocation.
        Well, good defensive units, and maybe one or another offensive unit is all you need to protect your cities, borders and important roads. If you want to strike back, that's another thing.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by DrFell
          Huts defenitely needed improving, warriors and maybe one settler per game was not enough. I used to base much of my civ2 duel strategy on getting all the huts and boxing my opponent in, But now the best units I could get would be warriors? Useless for anything apart from exploring. I hope they keep this (including the armies from huts) the way it is, and don't 'fix' it back to how it used to be. It would be nice to get a good offensive unit from a hut.
          Does anyone know if the hut needs to have the resources needed for the units you can get from them?
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by DrFell
            Well they have apparently, but it's easy to put back in the editor. Just highlight Barbarain Chiefdom for any unit you want to have appear in the huts. I haven't heard of any wierd units popping out, no nukes in the Ancient Era etc., so it looks like you still need the proper tech in order to get advanced units.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

Well, good defensive units, and maybe one or another offensive unit is all you need to protect your cities, borders and important roads. If you want to strike back, that's another thing.
              Well if you don't strike back, he'll just keep attacking. But if you take out a few cities, he's going to be much more inclined to sign a peace treaty. Like I said, "the best defence is a good offence".

Comment

Working...
              X