Army from a Hut???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army from a Hut???

Ok, I'm not protesting or anything... but I've never even heard of this happening. As usual, I popped a hut with a warrior... and out came an Army. I've noticed some differences in hut 'prizes' since 1.17f, but this is a HUGE addition. This means I'll never have to use a leader to build an Army to get my Epic, etc. Wow... I mean... wow...

An ARMY... FROM A HUT!!!!!

Hmmm, has anybody else see this one yet. (I haven't)... or is it just an isolated case
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I've not seen it myself, but I've heard some people that have got it. It seems a if the chance for good things from the huts has been increased a lot with 1.17f.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I reloaded the autosave for that turn and popped it again to get a picture. I've attached it for proof.
        Attached Files

Comment

I've gotten armies from huts, twice. Both after 1.17f, of course.

I've also noticed that settlers are much more common than before.

Comment

Originally posted by TinCow
            I reloaded the autosave for that turn and popped it again to get a picture. I've attached it for proof.
            How about posting the save game itself...

-Alech
            "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Same here, and not one but 2 armies in quick succession, and using 1 to defeat barbarians got to build heroic epic. Like this.

Comment

Here's the save game. Use the warrior on the island to the east of my main island to pop the hut he's next to.
                Attached Files

Comment

Well now...

What was the weakest of the six Civilization attributes?

Expansionist.

But now if Settlers and Armies (!?) are real possibilities this attribute seems as valuable as Scientific, Religious, and the rest.

Welcome to a strategic fix.
                  We are all beta testers...can't wait for the finished version.

Comment

Got one the other day - quite a surprise!!!

Thank you Firaxis. I have noticed a significant decrease in the number of barbarians also (althoough I was playing as the americans).
                    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by TinCow
                      Here's the save game. Use the warrior on the island to the east of my main island to pop the hut he's next to.
                      damn, I was sure this was a hoax. Sorry...

Well, armies from huts... Cool...

-Alech
                      "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

In the Units section of the BIC file for the 1.17 patch, all units now have Barbarians as one of the civs is allowed to have the unit (before 1.17, only Warriers, Horsemen and Galleys were allowed to Barbarians). It appears that this change means that you can now get any kind of unit from a goody hut.

Comment

This was fixed on the version that went up to www.firaxis.com and will be going up on civ3.com shortly. The units a barbarian can build has remained unchanged since v1.07f (the retail version). It was updated with the editor.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey Morris FIRAXIS
                            This was fixed on the version that went up to www.firaxis.com and will be going up on civ3.com shortly. The units a barbarian can build has remained unchanged since v1.07f (the retail version). It was updated with the editor.

Jeff
                            Does this mean that there was a bug with the game in the first patch as well? (Not only the editor)
                            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Assuming this is any unit you have the tech for, has anyone got a worker yet??
                              Up The Millers

Comment

Working...
                              X