Army from a Hut???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

giving it a sense of corectness

hurray! i also have the abilities to uncover wonderful units (Armies).

Im unclear on one thing tho. Is it possible to get units that ya don't have the tech for? Like, Tactical nukes? Would be pretty sweet....

Like, im a romantic, and i need a reason for such an occurance. But, even if im an ancient Aztech empire with a nuke waiting to be used... i'll just call it "divine intervention".
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by candidgamera

Why fix this? Its a feature not a bug.
      No, it's a cheat.
      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

What can be concidered as a bug is probably that there seem to be the same chance to get any unit, regardless of its spec. I think that the chance should be modified by the cost factor of the unit, that way one can enable all units, and not only get super units.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Assur
          No, it's a cheat.
          It is about the same thing as playing any mod at all. You can't compare yourself to others. For turnies however this is no problem, as all huts are removed.

Is it so that you need to have the tech for a unit to be able to get it, or can you get it any way?

Comment

This really doesn't make an sense... it can't be the same chance to get any of the selected units. This is because horsemen were one of the selected units pre-patch... and as far as I know no one has ever gotten a horseman from a hut. It seems very strange to me that the only units people have uncovered from huts so far are warriors, settlers, and armies... even though they're all meant to have the same probability. Something seems fishy to me.

Comment

Mods should make the gameplay harder, and/or less annoying

IMO getting armies from huts makes things a little too easy, but you're right ofcourse, anyone can play how he wants.
              In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
              In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Originally posted by TinCow
                This really doesn't make an sense... it can't be the same chance to get any of the selected units. This is because horsemen were one of the selected units pre-patch... and as far as I know no one has ever gotten a horseman from a hut. It seems very strange to me that the only units people have uncovered from huts so far are warriors, settlers, and armies... even though they're all meant to have the same probability. Something seems fishy to me.
                Well, it might be that yuo need to meat the requirements for that unit (ie connect the hut to horses with road to get horsemen. As I said I've not experimanted very mush on what the chances are, but I'm tempted to create a map full of huts, and nuthing but hust, for two civs, me and one AI, and put the AI on a small isle (the game crashes if you try to run it with no AIs) That would make some testing possible. I could se if the terrain had any effect, and also if reources under the hut afected it. (ie create loads of huts with horses under)

Comment

Originally posted by steelehc
                  Armies, I don't mind so much. But if barbarians can build nuclear weapons... Damn. Scary.
                  This friendly Iraqi tribe have given us a skilled ICBM!
                  I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Assur
                    Mods should make the gameplay harder, and/or less annoying

IMO getting armies from huts makes things a little too easy, but you're right ofcourse, anyone can play how he wants.
                    Well this will just even things out for those players that like to play peacefully. Before, the only way to get the Heroic Epic etc. was to wage war and get a Leader, so those people who just wanted to build were essentially penalized. Getting Armies from a hut just levels things out for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
                      Well this will just even things out for those players that like to play peacefully. Before, the only way to get the Heroic Epic etc. was to wage war and get a Leader, so those people who just wanted to build were essentially penalized. Getting Armies from a hut just levels things out for them.
                      But if you ply peacefully, why bother to get the Heroic Epic?

Comment

In a word...CULTURE!
                        It helps to achieve a cultural victory.
                        "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                        --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Originally posted by Sean

In a word...CULTURE!
                          It helps to achieve a cultural victory.
                          Yeah, bet think of all the culture you can make if you don't focus on your military.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                            To play peacefully means not to start wars yourself. But somebody might attack you, and armies and the Heroic Epic might be useful though. To keep peace means to prepare for war.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                              To play peacefully means not to start wars yourself. But somebody might attack you, and armies and the Heroic Epic might be useful though. To keep peace means to prepare for war.
                              But you won't need any offensive units.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Exactly, and when that happens, having the Heroic Epic gives you a better chance of getting a Leader for building further wonders. You can never avoid war completely, but as it was before, the Militaristic, warmongering civ had a major advantage when it came to getting Leaders. Now with the huts producing Armies, that levels things out a bit more.

Comment

Working...
                                X