No announcement yet.

I challenge you to find...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On all most all forums for games people do complain about things they do not like in the game. But I must say that the number of complaints I have seen here far out number any complaints I have seen on other forums for other various games. Most of the time the devolpers take the time to adress the complaints the people have and after that the complaints subside. But on this thread when ever anyone has a complaint we rarely see any response from the people at firaxis, thus people complain even more and more. I think why we see so many complaints on this site is the fact no one at firaxis ever address any of these complaints. It all comes down to the fact that they just dont want to give out any information because they dont want to build people's hopes up and then hear even more complaints, but with other games the devolopers often adress concerns and complaints and do give out some information on what they are planning to do, and if they cant do what they planned to do they tell everyone they could not do it. They dont keep their mouths shut and let the fans find it out on their own when they buy the game and then get mad because they fell they were mislead and lied too.
    Donate to the American Red Cross.
    Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Hey Charles, tell us all again about how Firaxis paid off all the reviewers to give Civ III good reviews. It just sounds so plausible when it comes from a smart guy like you.

YOUR <> YOU'RE.

Dumbass. I don't normally correct anybody's spelling or grammar (unlike, say, Lib) but when some dipstick is going around with a superior attitude yet can't even figure out how to use a spellchecker, I'll point it out. You, sir, are a fool. Not because you can't spell, but because YOU'RE stupid and pretend otherwise.
      Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

I don't normally correct...
        Agreed. You tend to correct in a rather odd manner.
        "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian

Agreed. You tend to correct in a rather odd manner.
          but correctly.
          Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironikinit
            Dumbass. I don't normally correct anybody's spelling or grammar (unlike, say, Lib) but when some dipstick is going around with a superior attitude yet can't even figure out how to use a spellchecker, I'll point it out. You, sir, are a fool. Not because you can't spell, but because YOU'RE stupid and pretend otherwise.
            Okay, meaningful discussion is great and stuff but when you see tripe like this posted on a message board, you know someone's simply going too far.

Ironikinit, a subtle personal attack on someone is tolerable. A flat out rant like that does a disservice to yourself and this message board.

And when it gets right down to it, correcting someone's typoes or grammar is just beyond petty.

Comment

Because, Sid Meier's Sim Golf is out now, in the stores.
              And the fans would buy the game, CiVIII, anyway, and then its probably back to uppatching the game, and then there's Microsoft's new OS, that Microsoft says is compatible, but then that is what they also say!

Sim Golf:
              GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

Anyway, it all takes time, and how long would multiplayer last, if it is slow, or major changes done to the game to accomodate multi-player.

I think it was put out because it was the 10th anniversery edition, and then they are just plain busy, and continue to work.
              Easy to complain, harder to do it all, in one fell swoop!

Comment

Okay, meaningful discussion is great and stuff but when you see tripe like this posted on a message board, you know someone's simply going too far.
                My guess is that they're becoming more and more upset that they have to carry the burden of PR for this game.
                "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Hey Charles, tell us all again about how Firaxis paid off all the reviewers to give Civ III good reviews. It just sounds so plausible when it comes from a smart guy like you.

YOUR <> YOU'RE.

Whoops! guess I hit a soft spot. And without the luxury of proof which thou no longer requires, as he tumbles down the mountainside hitting an occasional thorn bush on the way down screaming " I .... will.......return.............."

Charles.
                  - What we do in life, echos in eternity.

Comment

Originally posted by SixArmedMan

Ironikinit, a subtle personal attack on someone is tolerable. A flat out rant like that does a disservice to yourself and this message board.

And when it gets right down to it, correcting someone's typoes or grammar is just beyond petty.
                    He can't help it, he mentioned something about a disorder, after he was dropped on his head at an early age.

(Sorry .. couldn't resist)

Charles.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_www
                      On all most all forums for games people do complain about things they do not like in the game. But I must say that the number of complaints I have seen here far out number any complaints I have seen on other forums for other various games. Most of the time the devolpers take the time to adress the complaints the people have and after that the complaints subside. But on this thread when ever anyone has a complaint we rarely see any response from the people at firaxis, thus people complain even more and more. I think why we see so many complaints on this site is the fact no one at firaxis ever address any of these complaints. It all comes down to the fact that they just dont want to give out any information because they dont want to build people's hopes up and then hear even more complaints, but with other games the devolopers often adress concerns and complaints and do give out some information on what they are planning to do, and if they cant do what they planned to do they tell everyone they could not do it. They dont keep their mouths shut and let the fans find it out on their own when they buy the game and then get mad because they fell they were mislead and lied too.
                      EXACTLY!

Charles.

Comment

OK, let me get this straight.

People don't mind Charles around here? They don't mind being patronized by a fool? Y'all don't mind posts like the above which quotes an entire post (FROM THE SAME FREAKING THREAD) and adding only one word, an inane symbol, and a signature?

Well, hey, if that's what y'all like, that's your lookout. I think he's a fool and deserves to be told so. Is he like a mascot or something? Honest, I'm just trying to figure out why such a twit is tolerated. IMO he deserves the intellectual equivilent of tarring and feathering, followed by being ridden on a rail. There really must be standards.

Comment

Okay, I guess that's something I really can't argue against.

Comment

OK, let me get this straight.

People don't mind Charles around here? They don't mind being patronized by a fool? Y'all don't mind posts like the above which quotes an entire post (FROM THE SAME FREAKING THREAD) and adding only one word, an inane symbol, and a signature?

Well, hey, if that's what y'all like, that's your lookout. I think he's a fool and deserves to be told so. Is he like a mascot or something? Honest, I'm just trying to figure out why such a twit is tolerated. IMO he deserves the intellectual equivilent of tarring and feathering, followed by being ridden on a rail. There really must be standards.
                            I was just about to agree with you, but then you actually spelled out "ya'll." I can't back up someone would do something like that - you're both a*sholes.

Comment

I'm okay with that. I hope you don't mind me saying that it's "y'all" and not "ya'll", though.

Comment

Re: I challenge you to find...

Originally posted by Expatriate
                                An a game that has an active online community, where the boards do NOT get rants and complaints similar to those seen here.

You wont find it, but good luck trying. A few good examples of recently published games where this is the case would be Anarchy Online, Dark Age of Camelot and offcourse Civilization III.

No game can live up to the hype created by the fans themselves.
                                I basicly got kicked from avpnews just because I didn't like AvP2. So what if I'm one of the few who didn't like it. Some people go nuts if you don't like a game.
                                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
                                X