No announcement yet.

So, What's Your Favorite Civ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Greeks are my favorite. Since their commercial and scientific they can control corruption and get cheap science and tech buy building libraries and universities. Plus Hoplites are the ideal early defensive unit.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
      tsk tsk

Sloww, you have turned your back on the boycott. For shame. Please tell me you got a pirated copy.

(and if so, hook a brotha up)
      I did not buy.
      It was bought for me as a Christmas present by my mother.
      Yeah, that's right. Everybody knows about the game, the forums, and many of you by name.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Zarn
        I like the French for two reasons

1. Their characteristics are the best. Low corruption and high production

2. Joan of Arc
        I was wondering if anyone else was having illicit thoughts about Joan.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

France is in the lead?? You must be kidding... There must be a lot of retreating going on!

Like I said when Dissident opened this thread originally, I am for the English, although the man-o-war not being able to kill with bombardment dilutes my enthusiasm.

France, indeed. Wait until I tell Lord Wellington and Admiral Nelson.

Comment

China.

My key criteria is mobile attack units, and the Rider is a GREAT one (4/3/3). Militaristic-Industrious isn't a combo I like (I prefer Religious or Scientific, or even Commercial to Militaristic), but you can't have everything. The Rider is the key, though; it comes at the point in the game where I'm ready for a serious war (before that is land grab, and after that you stagnate), and it can go across a 2-square border and still hit a city.

I'm thinking of editing the rules so that each civ has TWO unique units, usually one early and one late, just to keep things interesting.

Comment

Working...
            X